I've been trying to figure out what her personality is like. I'm still not sure about it, but here are a few things I have observed:
- Sophia likes to be "in on the action". She likes to be held, but not just held, she wants to be walked around where she can see different things. She does extremely well with us running around doing stuff. In fact, it almost seems like she prefers that over being at home in my arm.
- Sophia is very observant. You can watch her paying close attention to everything in her visual field. She's already playing with toys that dangle in her reach, hitting them with her hand. I mentioned it before, thinking it was accidental, but having observed her more now, I can tell that she sees the object, and has realized that she can make the object do stuff if she reaches it. I'm amazed that she can already do this, but not so amazed when I watch her. She really watches what's going on. Smart kid!
- Sophia seems to have some of her mom's temperament. She can go from 0 to 100 in no time. That means that usually, for example, if she's hungry, she won't start fussing around. Instead, she may be sound asleep one second, and then wake up the next second screaming because she's hungry. Seems like there's no luke warm with her. She's happy or she's not, there's no inbetween.
- Sophia is really cuddly, but also seems to like to move around. She likes to eat, like her parents, and sleep, like her parents.
- Sophia has a lot of determination. I've noticed that when she's on the play mat, and sees an object, and tries to touch it, but can't, she gets really mad. It seems that she already has a lot of determination on certain things, and when she can't do it, she gets really frustrated. She'll be a little overachiever.
Anyway, it's so fun to have Sophia in our home. She brings us so much joy, and it's great to be a family. It's also nice to have the responsibility to be a parent, and thus be pushed to be a better person. However, it's also scary to have yet another person in my life who makes my heart a more vulnerable place. It's bad enough to think that something could happen to Henry. Now I have Sophia to worry about as well! It's scary to think that life is so unpredictable and that at any time I could lose either one of them or both, or that they could get hurt, or ...you get the idea. It's great to love and scary at the same time!
3 comments:
It is awesome to have your little baby, huh? It just keeps getting better & better. Tim gives us this super cute smile now..a big grin with squintly, twinkley eyes. I keep thinking, "I like this age the best" but then the next stage comes and it's even cooler.
Glad you get to be with Ms. Sophia. I miss Tim (& Brian) so much when I'm at work. Boohoo.
Love you & miss you guys. Thanks for the posts.
-Sarah
I love that she really looks at me when I hold her. Yesterday, I could feel a connection between her eyes and mine and she even gave me a little hint of a smile. I love her so much.
I've learned that she is really hurt if we just put her in a bouncer or that new chair thingy we got her. If she can see me, she usually will just cry to have me hold her.
I love playing with her. It usually consists of me helping her stand, talking with her, holding her out in front of me or turning her around and showing her the house.
I'm trying to help her count.
Anyway, I wish I weren't so busy so I could spend even more time with her. I've noticed lately that she has varying cries. The one for "hungry" typically is the worst. But Fran and I both understand that very well. We're both pretty cranky when hungry. The "play with me" one is my favorite. Because then I have an excuse to stop studying and I get to hold her, and she'll eventually tire herself out and sleep on my shoulder.
My favorite tidbit is that she has sonic farts and belches. Go Patterson!
Henry
Bailey was the same age as Sophia when we moved here. That is crazy, huh? Now she is running around wild and crazy. I'm glad you are taking time to treasure every minute.
Post a Comment