- Lactation Consultant - she saved my mental/emotional life many times during my first few weeks of breast feeding, answering all my worries about how/when/why/how much my baby ate, etc.
- Baby Bjorn Carrier - how do you live without one? I wouldn't be getting much done around the house without it, and I love that I can have Sophia with me that way, even when I need to focus on other things (like saving Henry while spitting up over the sink). I also love being able to just go on walks with her, without having to deal with some big fat stroller.
- Bouncy seat - Sophia sometimes gets too restless in the mornings to continue sleeping in her crib, but she'll go back to sleep in the bouncer, which also vibrates. I think I'd be far more sleep deprived without that bouncer!
- Baby Scale - I derived a lot of comfort from seeing in numbers that my baby is putting on weight and thus eating enough. Actually, I just bought one even though Sophia seems to be gaining just fine (11lbs 8 oz now).
- Pamper's Swaddler diapers - I love that stripe that let's you know if they are wet or not. Found it so practical in the beginning when I was counting the wet diapers faithfully each day.
- Wall-mounted diaper changing table -it's just really cool and convenient. I love having everything in reach, and not having a mess in the nursery. My back has really been appreciative as well.
- Breast pump - it's been giving me some peace of mind having extra milk in the freezer, as well as making sure my milk supply is up, and it can be helpful with breastfeeding as well.
- Henry - it's great to have Henry around at times when I just feel like I can't go on.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Life Savers
I've been thinking about some of the items/things I've found helpful since my adventure of motherhood has started. For those who care, here's a list:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I guess you can't send this list to all your friends. They can't get me to help out. Only me for Franny.
Henry
I don't know how women do it without good husbands. Mine is currently helping me stay calm about the rapist. By the way, I tagged you on my blog.
I especially like the last one on your list!
-Aliza
Yes, we're a generation of lucky women! (we've got great husbands)
You forgot the most important one: CHOCOLATE! (At least, for me). ;)
Post a Comment