Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sophia is already 4 weeks old

Crazy, I can't believe we've been parents for a month. I guess time flies when you're having fun, or you're so dazed that night and day seem to be the same and you're too tired to count the weeks, days or hours. Anyway, Sophia continues to be so cute and so fun, and we love having her with us. This last week has been a lot better with a lot more sleep. She seems to be settling more into a routine, and we're back to about 1-2 times up at night to feed her. Not bad in my book. Overall, she really is a good and uncomplicated baby.


Anyway, what's new other than her getting older? Urm...I don't know. We got our cool diaper changing table - the last one, I think. I went to IKEA to buy it and they were out, out in the whole country, out online, just completely out. I managed to find ONE, and only one available online on Ebay and bought it right away. It's a cool changing table that's mounted to the wall in our bathroom and folds away. So practical and space-saving. We're thrilled. Sophia has already used that table to freely poop and pee away while I was grabbing a new diaper. She really likes to poop and pee with nothing around her bum...She's also starting to play. You may not believe it, but I'm convinced. The other day when I had her in her bouncer, she stared at the rattle that was dangling by her hand, then hit it with the hand (probably accidentally). Then she watched what happened, and soon hit it again, and then she just kept hitting it with her hand. By that point I felt it was more of an intentional movement. I'm sure it was...our daughter is just sooo smart :). Today, I also wanted to try a bottle with her again. I've tried giving her breast milk in the bottle once, which didn't work at all, but today, she actually drank from the bottle just fine. So, maybe that won't be something we have to spend too much time on. I'm glad. Not that she ever gets a bottle or a pacifier, but I want her to take one if the need arises (like it may when the Twilight movie comes out and all my girl friends want to go for the midnight show...perfect time to get out a bottle and give dad the opportunity to feed the baby. It's so convient to have a pump for this kind of stuff!).


Ok, well, it's late and I want to sleep...here are more pictures for everyone to enjoy! I told my sister if she comments I'll post more pictures. So, keep the comments coming and I'll keep the pictures coming.






















6 comments:

Quinn said...

Let me the first to comment. I can't believe your mom and dad are there and you haven't posted any pictures with Sophia and the proud grandparents. Are you all having a good time? Can you use anything else for Sophia?

Meike said...

And I am the second to comment :) I think Sophia looks like the Patterson side of the family. She is really cute and looks well fed...although I did notice that she might be cold on one or two pictures :) he he...

Mariajo said...

She's so cute! And looks huge!She must be a good eater... lucky you! I read you're having fun, ha? I mean in both ways; fun and FUN... but everything is worth it with children, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

ich lese gerne wie es euch so geht, was ihr so macht, und natürlich bin ich jedes mal auf neue Bilder gespannt. So können wir an eurem Leben teilhaben. Das ist schön !

Angie said...

It's funny because Rob and I think she takes after her mom a lot...and the Schulze side of the family thinks she looks a lot like a Patterson! I guess that means she's a good mix of the both of you!

Franziska Patterson said...

Well, you and Rob would be the first to think she looks like me...I personally can't tell who she looks like, but pretty much everyone who sees her and who knows both me and Henry says she looks like Henry. All I know is that she looks so cute!