Sunday, September 7, 2008

Treasures...

Henry is the best. He really is. He's always so good and kind to me, and I just lovelovelove being around him. Anyway, he's my best friend and it's great to have so much time together this summer. Yesterday, he put in a CD in the living room with some swing music. I was sitting in our little "office corner" in our bedroom, but when I heard the music I had to jump up and run over to our living room. We ended up dancing to a few songs, and just having a fun date night. I loved it, especially the dancing part.

However, what I was going to share is one of my little Henry-treasures. Of course, I knew that I was marrying a really witty and funny guy, but I love all the little or long poems Henry has written for me over the last 2 years of our marriage. This one I found again a few weeks ago when I was digging through my scrap book box. I had to laugh really hard when I read it again. The background for this poem was that I had been searching a long time last year to find a nice and modest swim suit. It had been a really hard and frustrating endeavor. One day, I finally came home with something I thought was nice, but it had cost me a good amount of money. However, when I showed Henry the swim suit, he didn't really like it but liked another one (that I didn't like as much) better, and I was really bummed. I think he felt bad and thus, ended up writing the following poem for me:

Who Needs it? Not You! Not Now!

Tankini, Bikini, G-string or Thong,
Swimming with clothes is simply just wrong.
A suit just prevents a nice line-less tan,
freedom of movement and just collects sand.

No need to go shopping and pull all your hair out,
Leave all clothes behind and let them just air out.
If you want my advice, I think it will save you,
Just stick with the suit your parents both gave you.

It's water resistant, durable and soft,
Maintaining it is easy and relatively low-cost.
It's sexy and beautiful and holds every curve,
Let loose and be wild, it's what you deserve.

I know you aren't laughing, this is totally absurd.
I just want you to know I feel like a turd,
For telling you I liked the brown one instead.
I realized right then, you'd have rather been dead.

I can't make it better by trying to be funny,
hugging you, laughing, or buying a bunny.
I just want you to know I love you completely,
and clothes on or off you really do please me.

written by Henry Patterson

I love you, Henry! You make every day special, and life fun and happy. It's so wonderful to be married to you. If you were the only one reading my blog, I'd write every day about how wonderful you are and how great it is to be with you! Thanks for all you are, and all you do!

4 comments:

Henry said...

Now that is your best post yet. Thanks Franny. I love you too. It's nice feeling like we were somehow guided to each other. I love that we are married and get to share everything... ...except for my journals. Ha ha.

I love you Fran.

Henry

Serenity Rachel said...

That poem is hilarious! Fran, I'm so glad to have found each others blogs! So when exactly are you due? Its probably on your blog somewhere but I didn't feel like searching. Looks like our babies will be pretty close in age. Say hi to Sam and Christine from us. They were just out in Utah all summer. Sam donated alot of Saturdays of slave labor working on our house. Tell Mason that Asher says hi. They were pretty cute playing together.

Franziska Patterson said...

Due date is October 1, but I think she may come early. We'll see. I'd like an October birthday, but I also don't mind being done with the pregnancy.

emilie said...

Ha ha! Good old Henry!