Friday, August 15, 2008

I can't help myself


But I have to make fun of a book I just discovered on my goodreads.com website. I just can't believe there is something like that out there. I mean, I'm not really surprised, but then, I am. How pathetic can Mormon writing get? Granted, I haven't read the book, but just reading the synopsis of the book, I noticed my IQ dropping a significant amount. And it gave me a good enough idea of what kind of wonderful ideas are presented in the book. The evil UN seeking global dominion, and the only ones rising out of the repression are the faithful, foodstorage-keeping American Mormons. Gagggggg....I'm sorry if this happened to be one of your favorite books, or if you like those ideas/concepts. But for me, reading that I'm torn between just laughing my head off or throwing up.

P.S. Don't get me wrong. I do believe we should have a food storage and that we will be blessed for our faithfulness to Heavenly Father. I just don't quite envision it happening like this author.

Here is the book description: THIS ARE TIMES THAT TRY MEN S SOULS! US citizens struggle to gain control of their lives as the UN sends food and financial relief. In return for support, the UN requires all to have a computer chip implanted under their skin. The LDS people are counseled to refuse the chip but draw instead on their food supplies. Communities are fractured as each person decides for themselves what they will do and who they will follow. The righteous are rewarded as independent tent cities rise all over America under the glorious banner of the flag. They enjoy miracles and blessings beyond their expectations! For country, for liberty, for freedom for GOD! United We Stand! IT IS THE END OF DAYS AND ALL IS IN COMMOTION!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I'll definitely agree that it sounds like a horribly thought up book...

Angie said...

By that description, on the book, I wouldn't want to read it, either!