Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Memory Tag
I stole this from my friend's blog and thought I'd do it to see if anyone reads my blog or if I still have any friends besides my husband...Basically, what you do is leave a comment with any one memory you have with me. Write away guys! I know you can't retain yourself from reminiscing on the good old days with Fran.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
My best memory of you is beating you at Settlers. :)
Funny, I don't remember anything like that ever happening... :)
Just kidding. Those are my worst memories. Hahaha.
I have so many wonderful memories of spending time with you and Henry; I can't choose just one. Here are some of my favorites:
You making a wonderful dinner with rice, peaches, and lots of other good stuff for a double date at your/Henry's place, and then me rendering everyone helpless with my "DR" cookies (whose full name will go unspoken)
Hiking up to Maple and Red Lakes for July 4th and being chased away by monster horseflies.
Many evenings of dinner or dessert or just your wonderful boardgames: Carcassonne, Puerto Rico, Niagara, etc.
Singing Christmas hymns in many languages and sharing Christmas traditions & stories with you and your friends.
I have lots of great memories too. Here are a few:
traveling to Berlin together, finding money on the ground and buying lunch, cool earrings, etc.
making tuna fish pizza at your house
riding bikes to your favorite cemetery
playing tons and tons of games - ligretto and settlers being my favorite to play with you.
our fun trip up to Glacier National Park and the fun camping and hiking
Fran - I haven't met you, but a good memory I have of you is all of your posts to SFTK. :-)
Last year when you guys moved into your apartment, I was really, REALLY impressed with how quickly you unpacked...AND decorated your apartment. We've been here for a year and I still don't feel like I've decorated it the way I want.
I would write more, but Evelynn is crying...gotta go!
First: Do you really need any friends besides one wonderful husband? Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that way. :)
Second: Memory w/ Franny-Fran - I love it that you taught me how to cook that yummy meal with tomatoes, cucumbers, chicken and feta. I never thought of adding cucumbers to a hot meal. Now I add them to everything. Yum!
Another good? memory - I remember swimming with you at Lake Britton and us talking about how huge your vardons are. I don't know how we got on that topic but it's funny.
Another good memory - German chocolate packages. Mmmmm.
Love ya,
S
I love when you invited us to your house for the raclette party. I don't think I've ever eaten so much healthy food at once and that grilled cheese was to die for. You should have us over for that again sometime....
I remember taking the road trip to southern Utah with you and Jairus and Maria just before her mission.
I remember visiting with you and always feeling better because you're so good at making people laugh!
I remember you sharing some of your deep thoughts and writing with me and always feeling inspired!
I remember going to your married friends' house with you and playing games like balderdash.
Ah...good times! :)
Post a Comment