Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Vacation Time











































































































































































Yipee!!!! My miserable day care days are over, and we finally get to relax. Henry and I flew out to Germany last week Monday. It was quite adventureous driving to Chicago and flying with Air India from there. We panicked for a little bit when we left too late from meeting up with a friend in Chicago towards our car drop off place and the air port. When we hit the roads, there were jams everywhere and we were barely moving. With only 3 hours to go until our plane actually took off, and we still had to bring our car to a storage place, we got quite nervous (so nervous that I was about to get diarrhea in the car -I tend to get the runs when I am nervous...hahaha). Well, we made it, and everything went well. The flight was comfortable, despite what everyone told me. I expected the baby to be floating up in my throat, or to be miserable some other way, but once again I either lucked out, or...I dont know. At any rate, I did not feel any different than usual, and the flight was as comfortable as those flights usually are. I got a good 4 hours of sleep, and made sure I drank tons of water, moved my feet, and so it was all good.



Once we arrived in Germany, my parents picked us up and took us straight for a sealing session at the temple. Then we ate, and drove home. The next few days we spent eating tasty food, watching the Soccer Europe Championships, and spending time with my siblings and niece and nephews. I'd bike over to their school to pick them up on their bikes and stuff like that. Lots of fun. On Saturday, we took off with my parents to fly to a Greek island. And that is where we still are. We are complete beach bums, and I love it. We are at a nice, remote hotel, with a big pool and the beach right behind the pool (I think we walk about 45 seconds from our room to the beach). We get breakfast and dinner buffet style here each day, and so it's all fun and play all day long. On Sunday we rented a tiny car and squished in there with my parents, sister and Henry and drove all across the island, exploring. I had to laugh when everyone was worn out in the afternoon except Henry and me...those wimps. Ha! Ok, so it is a sweltering 105 degrees during the day, but still. Anyway, we had fun seeing a monastery, an old castle, and the city of Kerkyra.



The last fews days we just spent eating, sleeping, swimming, and playing. We love the time away from any pressures, worries, time constrains etc. Oh, and on Friday we'll be on a ship all day that will show us some cool caves, take us to a cool, secluded swimming spot, to another island for lunch and sight seeing in a little Greek town and eh, that is it, I guess.



Well, gotta go. Germany is playing Turkey right now, and we have to watch the game.



Fran and Henry


4 comments:

Deanna said...

So glad you guys are having a great vacation and relaxation! Todd and I just booked tickets to fly to Germany in October!! I'm so excited and hearing about your trip is making me even more excited. Say "Hi" to your family for me.

Anonymous said...

Fran - you look so cute! I love pregnant bellies and you're adorable!

I'm glad you and Henry are having a great time. Love the photos of all the neat buildings and places you're visiting.

Anonymous said...

Did Germany win? We haven't been following any of the games. But, we love Ballack. :-)

Franziska Patterson said...

Germany won, and we are in the final. Yipee!!! The game was really fun to watch. Ballack is a great player, but our favorite is Schweinsteiger, who has also been shooting some of the important goals with this championship. The final will be against Spain on Sunday.