Tuesday, February 26, 2008

S I C K!

I haven't been as sick as I was on Sunday in a loooong time. I woke up Sunday at 3am feeling like I was going to be sick. I have only thrown up a few times in my life, and hate it enough to recognize when I'm going to be sick. I knew my stomach wasn't happy and that I'd be throwing up eventually. Well, past experiences had taught me that it is usually best to just "get it out" and then I'll feel better. So, I stuck my finger in my throat just once, and out came...I'll spare you details. I felt a bit better right away, but about 30 minutes later, I was running to the toilet again. Then the fun really started. I kept throwing up every half hour until 9 in the morning. It was so bad that I couldn't even keep a little bit of water down. To make things really interesting, diarrhea set in as well. So, at some point I was actually puking and pooping at the same time. Sooooo miserable.

Towards evening, Henry and I decided to go to an Urgent Care just to make sure I'm ok, since I hadn't really had anything to drink, and we were concerned that maybe I was a little dehydrated. The Doctor checked my pulse and heart rate, and said I seemed fine, but that he was going to check my urine for ketones just to be sure. Well, after the urine sample he marched in telling me I had 3+ ketones (you have 0 ketones when your hydration is fine, and 4+ if you are totally dehydrated). So, they put me on an IV right away to put 2 liters of fluids into my body, and also gave me some meds to keep me from feeling sick.

Yesterday, I mostly slept and tried to eat a little bit and mostly to get my body properly hydrated again. Today I had to go back to work, which was superhard, because I was so weak I had no strength to lift up any kids, which immediately led to a superanal and annoying parent getting pissed over me walking his son to his chair instead of carrying him. He apparently was supermad and was going to complain big time to my boss. Not good. Could cost me my job. Not that I love my job and want to be there, but the only reason I have hung in so far was for the instate tuition. I'd really hate my life if I lost it now to stupid stuff that's not my fault and wouldn't get the in-state tuition and all my suffering was in vein.

So, I'm really loving life right now. Feel free to say a prayer on my behalf if you have a spare moment.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

So sorry to hear how sick you've been! That sounds horrible. I'm glad you went to the urgent care. If the Daycare person wanted their kid carried so much, they could have come and carried the kid themselves! So lame. I hope all works out! Love you!!

Romi said...

How presumptuous of that parent!! I think you need a new job!! I'm sorry you've been so sick!!

Meike said...

Hallo Franzi. Habe gerade auch von Mama gehoert wie krank du bist. Hoffe, dass du bald wieder zu Kraeften kommen und das die dummen Leute im daycare center mitbekommen wie krank du bist und dir noch einen sick day geben. Irgendwie scheinen wir Schulze Maedchen kein Glueck zu haben. Der Typ aus meiner Gemeinde den ich toll finde hat seit Dienstag eine Freundin.. ein anderes Maedchen aus meiner Gemeinde die gerade von Mission zurueck ist. Ich habe mich auf einen neuen Job in der IBM beworben.. wuerde mich nicht wundern wenn das auch nicht klappt bei meinem Glueck.