blender. Yes, I really am scared of our blender. It may be an irrational fear I better part with before I turn 30 (or maybe 40), but I can't seem to help it. The fright developed when I started making soup. I make the most delicious (easy and cheap) carrot-coconut soup. Ask me for the recipe.
Anyway, when I started making this soup more often, it required me to pour my cooked stuff in the blender at some point. I never use blenders really, so I wasn't sure what I was doing, but how hard can it be, right? In goes the stuff, down goes the button, out comes the soup. Well, out the soup came, just not how I anticipated it. I had put in too much and so the boiling insides of the blender bursted out on top and poured all over me. Not very pleasant. I got my arms burned and had some stuff even splash my cleavage and burn it - the only good thing I have to show for myself (hahaha...I just thought that was such a funny phrase). Now, being the smart person that I am, I didn't let that intimidate me. I will NOT have a blender dictate my cooking activities. Next time, I just made sure to pour in half as much.
Well, I have to admit the blender outsmarted me, popped the soup out at the top again and burned me once more.
The last time I made the soup, I put in just a tiny bit of my stuff, but then was too chicken to turn on the blender. I could not get myself to do it. Eventually, I asked Henry to blend all the stuff, while I was literally hiding behind the counter, freaking out when he was about to push the button. Nothing happened, of course, which makes me think that it's a personal issue the blender has with me. But, the real problem is: It's soup time again, and I'm afraid of my blender. Should I give in to the blender and let Henry do the blending again, or should I show it who the boss is, and...well, what CAN I do? And how can I overcome my fear?
Your recommendations for professional help will gladly be accepted.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This may be a dumb question...but is the top securely on before you start the blender? Are all the holes on the top covered? Just don't start the blender until you have the top on securely.
Also...there is a kind of blender that's perfect for soup or juice. Call me and I'll describe it to you ...works very well.
Have you heard of Dr. Marvin Monroe? Maybe he can help.
Post a Comment