Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pregnancy

Alright, here is the next post.

As of Monday (yesterday), we are the proud owners of about $500,000 debt that comes in the form of an Optometry practice. Looking at that number again makes me a bit queasy again, but I think we have gone over the numbers enough to know that we should be able to pay this off as planned. So, on we go.

Today I had my next pre-natal check-up. I have been a bit freaked out, since I haven't felt a single movement yet, and I am almost 19 weeks. I know you don't always feel movements that early, but with Alba I could feel the bubbles and that kind of stuff earlier than this, and so I got a bit nervous. Also, it hasn't exactly helped that I just had my brother and his wife lose their little son Jonathan to still birth. Not that such events are contagious, but I think they add to my paranoia. And that my doctor couldn't find a heart beat with her doppler at 12 weeks, just before I left for Germany did also not help with making me feel any better.

So, I've been kind of a nervous. Today for the appointment I was fully prepared for bad news. Luckily though, there was a heartbeat, and everything seemed fine. Hopefully things will continue like that.

The only bad news is that the doctor actually make me wait till 21 weeks to get my ultra sound to find out what we're having. Mean. But we should know around July 4th.

3 comments:

Henry said...

Fran, I thought we already knew what we are going to have...

Marie M. said...

Fran. I'm glad to read things are ok for the baby and the business... It seems to have been a nightmare to conclude this deal. I think the more experienced we get, the more we are left to choose our own options with a slight divine reassurance.
I'm excited for you to discover the gender.... we are having a fourth boy!

Catherine said...

Talking about mean, they never tell you here (in Timmins) what you're having! They say they're worried about abortion...Anyway, glad to see you and the family are doing good!