One of my goals for last year was to run a marathon. And I did. I also just lost the obligatory toe nail a few days ago. It was the one on my big left toe, to be precise. The best part was that I had Sophia bring the nasty, old, with-blood-blister-grown-to-it nail to Henry. Henry lost the nail somewhere in our extra bedroom/office. Then I caught Alba a few days later, chewing on something - which, of course, happened to be the lost toe nail. I almost threw up. So gross.
Anyway, so I reached that goal. I had some other goals I didn't do so well on, I think.
I still haven't quite decided yet what's on the list for this year, but I thought I'd start jotting down some of the ideas I've been having like:
- having another baby and giving birth naturally, and without any time pressure or emotional pressure or other drama that seems to leave only one option.
- cutting down on our dairy consumption. I always try to think about how we eat and improve how we eat. One of my goals has been to use more local foods. Now I've been thinking that simply cutting down even more on our animal products is another big step I can take in being more green as well as healthy. I have to figure this one out in more detail though and determine what exactly I want to do.
- start the day with prayer. I think that was my goal for last year, and it didn't go very well. I really would like to do this. I think I need to start my day with some calm reflection and petition of living the day to the fullest of what I want to achieve.
- I think I want to work on enjoying my kids more. I mean, I love Sophia and Alba. Lovelovelove. But playing with them seriously bores me to death at times. I want to find things we can do together that's enjoyable for all of us and, well, enjoy each other more, play more.
- I also want to work on specifically improving my marriage. But I have nothing specific yet I want to do. I just think there are things I really ought to change. Actually, maybe it's not about my marriage, but just me being nicer to my spouse.
- I'd love to take some college classes...but, I think this goal still has to wait a few years...
7 comments:
You should definitely have a baby this year since you make such cute babies. I've also thought about taking classes again when the boys are bigger. I often feel like day to day life is sucking the smart right out of me.
Also, Burney is only 7 hours from my hometown. Next time I visit we should meet in the middle.
Sarah, YES! We should meet in the middle. If you visit your parents, and don't tell me that you were in CA, I'll never speak to you again. Ever. Worse even, I'll come and visit and bring lots of German chocolate, and then I won't give you a single piece of it. Something like that. :)
We're totally planning on a baby this year. It better already be in the making, in fact. Since I want to get off of my expensive maternity health coverage as soon as possible. ;)
And yes, cute as the kiddos are, changing diapers, reading board books, and doing puzzles isn't always the intellectual stimulation I look for in my life.
Alex, eating more veggies is ALWAYS a good goal. :) Good luck on trying out the vegetarian life style. I always try to make big changes more manageable by working slowly towards them. Over the years, I've first cut out red meat, then reduced our meat consumption of poultry, then tried to introduce more fish to replace some of the meat, and now simply want to try and scale back on animal products overall.
Making slow/small changes has helped me, I think, in making the changes more permanent.
And I hope you can find another job. I can't imagine being a cashier. Unless it's at Aldi's of course. Then I could see a life of bliss. :)
I'm not so good with resolutions for myself, but I have a bad habit of making them for my children (and sometimes Danny too :) I know I should focus more on concrete self improvement goals, but at time I feel like me life is one huge self improvement kick.
I think it is great that you are looking forward to another addition to your family. If we have a girl like we are hoping and if you have a boy, I am already planning a prearranged marriage for them. That's a lot of if's, so I guess we will just have to see :)
Good luck with your goals!
I do try to make goals every year. Right now I'm still just trying to survive. And maybe catch up. I have all these things I want to do, but no energy to do them. Where is the second trimester energy jump? Or the end of nausea? Oh well.
Eins meiner Ziele war, meinen Hausarzt zu wechseln.
Das ist erfolgreich geschehen. Ich habe jetzt eine Ärztin
die Allgemeinmedizinerin ist, Naturheilkunde und
Homöopathin ist. Ich finde das ist eine gute Mischung.
Zweitens möchte ich mein Gewicht mehr reduzieren,
65 kg wäre sehr nett.
Drittens möchte ich einen Jahresrückblick schreiben, bin dabei.
Viertens möchte ich regelmässig studieren, klappt nicht gut.
Fünftens möchte ich einige meiner Quilt - und Näh-
projekte beenden. Bin dabei.
Mehr Geduld mit meinem Mann und allen anderen.
Ich finde das reicht.
Verflixt, wo sind die Ziele hin, die ich gerade aufgeschrieben habe??
Mein erstes Ziel sollte wahrscheinlich sein, kenne
Deinen Mac besser!
Also eins meiner ersten Ziele war meinen Hausarzt zu wechseln und ich habe jetzt eine Ärztin die Allgemeinmedizinerin ist , aber auch in Naturheilkunde und Homöopathie bewandert ist.
Weiteres Ziel ist einen Jahresrückblick für das vergangene Jahr zu schreiben, ich bin dabei.
Mein Gewicht würde ich gerne auf 65 kg reduzieren.
Ich möchte meine Quilt- und Nähprojekte voran bringen, bin dabei.
Ansonsten mehr Schriftenstudium.
Mehr Geduld mit meinem Mann und meinen Mitmenschen.
My goal is to go back to school too, but I am waiting for Ben to settle down and stop moving us around everywhere.
Post a Comment