Sunday, July 17, 2011

1-Day Family Vacation

Thanks to my latest discovery of Groupon, we got to go on a mini-vacation. Really, all it entailed was really just a trip to a African Safari Park about 2.5 hours away from our house. I decided for 10 bucks total, we could afford that Safari (it was a groupon deal) and since we were "in the area" I wanted up to drive over to Cleveland (an other 1.5 hour drive from the Safari) for dinner at a restaurant I'd been wanting to try for a long time. Anyway, the Safari really wasn't as cool as I thought it'd be, but luckily we only paid 10 bucks and that was about what it was worth. Sophia had a blast though, and got to ride a pony, a camel and also dance, touch a skink, hedgehog and a real python (she ended up just playing with the tail tip of the python). We also got to feed tons of llamas, elk, deer and bison during the "safari". And, most importantly, we got to spend hours in the car. It was fun though, and we all enjoyed spending a whole day as a family. As for the restaurant, I felt it was a waste of our money. It was a very pricy brazilian grill ($40 per person! kids ate free though) and I had very high hopes. The reviews were good, and so were my memories from the brazilian grills in Utah. But, alas, this place didn't deliver. The salad bar had some nice stuff, but overall was rather mediocre, and limited. And the meat was mostly chewy and flavorless. I really wasn't happy, and therefore gave the lowest tip I've given in a very long time. Oh well, lesson learned. It was still a nice dinner.



Dance Party
Tickling the python's tail
Riding a Camel - Sophia didn't dare ride until another kid wad riding, too!
Some of God's creatures defy words
When this guy headed for our car, we decided it was time to keep driving!

No comments: