Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Family of Graduates

We did it!!!! Honestly, we're all sighing with relief and happiness that Henry's schooling is over. I think Sophia is glad to have her daddy back, Alba will be glad to actually get to know her dad, I'm happy to have support at home again and a husband to spend time with, and Henry is just glad to be done. We've learned a lot. We've grown a lot. We all had to make sacrifices for this to happen. So, it's a proud and happy day for our whole family.

Mostly, I just feel incredibly grateful though for Heavenly Father's gracious blessings in helping us through the hard times, and giving us strength where it just all felt like a battle we couldn't win. And, of course, I'm grateful for Henry hanging in when sometimes all he wanted to do was quit. Oh, and all of our dear family and friends who supported us - that was nice, too. :) Wooooootttt! We're done - and added two more degrees to the ones we already have (Henry did a Master's of Vision Science simultaneously with his Doctor of Optometry). Henry and I both agree that it's my turn now to pursue more education. I was getting all itchy again as I watched all the graduation circus. So, I think I'll be looking into different ideas once we have figured out where we'll move, and have our financial situation figured out a bit. Lastly, honorable mention goes to Sophia, who's graduated from her diapers. Also a very happy day for all of us.

Henry's Optometry Class during their convocation
Henry receiving his Master's of Vision Science from one of his committee members, Dr. Earley.
Henry receiving his hood for his Doctor of Optometry degree
Sophia emphatically clapping for everything and everyone, making herself bounce on the chair.
A happy dad and daughter - after convocation
A happy family - after convocation
A big happy family - still after convocation
University Graduation - with all the colleges in the Buckeye Stadium
Can you find the College of Optometry (among the other 9000 graduates)? They are the most visible - on purpose!
The College of Optometry
Henry in line to actually receive his diplomas for his OD and MS

12 comments:

Cami said...

Wow Henry (and Fran), you did it! Yahoooooooo!!!! I am so excited for you!!! Love you guys!

Isa said...

Congratulations to all of you! :)

And yay Sophia, too, that's a big step!

Can't wait to see what you'll be up to, Fran!

DL said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Marianne said...

Congrats friends!!! That is so great... Now on to the next chapter eh? Where are you headed???? Do something fun to celebrate:)!!

Deanna said...

Woot! Woot! So happy for you guys and a huge congratulations to all of you. I agree that the whole family is deserving of the honors. It definitely takes a lot of sweat and sacrifice to get through. Can't wait to hear where you guys will be heading!

Danny and Darcie said...

Hooray for Henry and family for supporting him! Yea Sophia for kicking the diapers! Let us know where you are moving - we would love to see you guys if you come out our way. Have fun celebrating!

Meike said...

YIPPPIIHHHH!!! Herzlichen Glückwunsch!! Endlich ist es geschafft.
Und super, dass Sophia keine Windeln mehr braucht! :)

HeidiPie said...

Yay!! That is just such wonderful news! We're really happy for all of you and Sophia. That's a big step too! Can't wait to see where you're headed next.

Romi said...

I am SO happy for you and Henry and your little family!!! What a fight it's been! We've all been rooting for you and knew you would come out victorious!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Romi said...

Yah for Sophia too!

I remember what a struggle kicking diapers was for Molly, about a year after I became her mom, and I'm not anxious to go through that again.

:-P

Marie M. said...

That's a huge step! Are you feeling relieved somehow or more anxious because of the unknown?

Alice said...

I think you should come be my neighbor. It would be worth having to live in Utah for. Really. :)