Friday, May 27, 2011

Alba Day

Today, our Alba-pumpkin turned 3 months old. And, it's time the girl gets some attention on my blog! Let me start of by saying that I love her like a girl loves chocolate during PMS ( I don't know about you all, but that's a lot for me!). She's just the sweetest, smiliest little thing. It's been so easy having her join us. I was so worried that our next kid would be "hard" because Sophia was so easy. But, Alba seems even more chill. She's a rolly-polly little girl, who smiles a lot, sleeps a lot, sleeps great, goes to sleep on her own at night, and otherwise just coos and plays usually, when she's awake. She DOES love to be held, and she can scream like a monster when she's really tired or really wants someone to come pay attention to her. But she stops quickly, and usually immediately once picked up. She also likes to be included in stuff - like going for a run in the jogging stroller with Sophia. Honestly, I thought it can't get easier than Sophia, but I'm changing my mind on this...

Anyway, at this point, Alba weighs 14lbs, is about 23.5 or probably 24 inches long at this point, and she averages 6-8 hours at night. She can't roll over yet, but does a great job pulling herself forward into a sitting position (sometimes even without help). She likes a pacifier when she's hungry, or sometimes to fall asleep, but occasionally fist sucking is also nice. She also takes a bottle, which has been great for me.  Oh, and she starts smiling when the boob comes out. Ha! I love her happy disposition, and how she wakes up, stretches, coos, and then smiles big when  you come and get her.  Alba, you're such a joy to have around. I can't wait to discover more of your personality!!! And I'm so grateful to have you in our family.

P.S. Yesterday, Sophia lay down next to Alba on the playing mat, and then asked her:"Alba, bist du gluecklich? Ja oder nein! Bist du gluecklich? Ja oder nein???" (Alba, are you happy? Yes or no! Are you happy? Yes or no???) I sure hope they both are.










5 comments:

Marie M. said...

Beautiful girl! Fran, I see you're a clothe diaper mama. We'e been using them for the last two kids, but I've been frustrated lately with the brands I have. What's yours? Any opinion?

Franziska Patterson said...

Ahhhh, finally someone commenting! Thanks Marie. I thought a cute babe like Alba would have the crowds "oooooh-ing" and "aaaaahhh-ing", but apparently not. No worries though - something nice and controversial will be posted as soon as I have time to sit down and write it all up. :)

Anyway, cloth diapers. We're using flip diapers, and then two no-name brands that are made in China and sold on Ebay (I think one is actually called Sunnybaby or something). For the most part I've been pretty happy with them, but I always deal with pee leaking if I don't change diapers often enough or stuff them real well. So, that's been my major frustration (the problem with stuffing diapers is that the bum gets so huge the clothes don't fit...I hate that).

What diapers are you using? What are your frustrations? I didn't know you cloth-diapered as well. We're so cool. ;)

Danny and Darcie said...

I am so glad that Alba is just as good as Sophia, if not better. Both of them have great parents, and I am sure that I just makes happier children better :) Wish we could see her and you all!

HeidiPie said...

She sure is such a doll.

Franziska Patterson said...

Darcie, we'd love to see you guys, too. Maybe when we move - whenever that is and wherever to that'll be...

Isn't she such a doll indeed? I'll admit I'm totally in love with her, and think she's the cutest thing alive along with Sophia of course. I can't stop looking at the pictures I think she's that cute.