Sunday, March 6, 2011

Off to a Good Start!

Well, I think I said somewhere at some point that if fetal movement is indicative of future personality, then Alba will be even more chill than Sophia. Sophia barely moved in the womb, but Alba even less so. And, I'd say, so far my prediction has been true. Granted, Alba is only 1 week old, and those newborns usually are sleepy and chill. But, in comparison she's still more chill than Sophia. She's already made great progress in going longer without nursing (from somewhere every hour the first 1-2 nights, to now the 2.5-4 hour stretches), and she sleeps well flat on her back in her crib!!! Sophia struggled a bit with that. We had a great night last night where Alba slept from 11.45pm till about 2.45 am, then nursed, then slept from about 3.15am till 7am, nursed again and slept another 2.5 hours. I feel totally rested!!! I also love that you can nurse her, then she will burp for you pretty much right away, poop right away, and then keep on eating. So low maintenance. I love it! Anyway, I guess things can still turn crazy, but it's really been pretty easy to get into the swing of things more with Alba being so calm.

Sophia has also adjusted more. I think the first few days after Alba was born, she really went a bit crazy and threw quite a few tantrums and didn't listen very well. But, on Friday she was back to her happy, calm self, and things have been good so far. She now actually wants to hug/kiss/cuddle/play with Alba again. Yeah!

And I'm doing well, too. I realize I still get a bit sore and need to scale back just a bit here and there, but overall I'm feeling great. Did I also mention that I'm 1.5 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight today? Yup, that's all - 1.5 measly pounds. Pretty exciting. However, this time I also noticed the toll pregnancy and birth take on a body - at least I feel that there is more flab and drooping. Urgh...oh well. I guess in a few weeks, I'll start working out, shapen up the droop, and lose those extra pounds I still wanted to shed before I got pregnant. I'm so thrilled though to be looking at only 13 lbs at this point rather than 30 lbs after Sophia was born to reach my goal weight!!!!



1 comment:

Kari said...

I'm so glad that everything is going well. You deserve it after all the stress you guys have had.