Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray - Done with the VA

Today, Henry received his final evaluation for the VA, and it was quite good. Which means he passed. Deep sigh of relief. Seriously. Thanks for all the prayers and fasts on our behalf. We know they helped. Anyway, we figured this occasion warranted some celebrating and wasting of money on mediocre Italian food (Macaroni Grill). Really, I just didn't feel like cooking. Here's a picture of our party. And then some of Sophia and Alba. Sophia likes for Alba to cuddle with her, while we sing Sophia her bed-time songs.

And here is proof that our kids also take after me in a few areas of life...


6 comments:

Julia said...

Hi Franzi,

so super süße Bilder von Sophia und Alba. Dreht Sophia schon ihre Haare oder sehe ich das nur falsch? Auf jeden Fall freue ich mich echt für euch, dass dieser Druck jetzt Weg ist und Henry eine gute Beurteilung erhalten hat. Und da darf man echt mal feiern und ein bisschen "crazy" sein als Familie. Echt cooles Bild.

Lieben Gruß
Julia

I am Laura said...

Love it! Happy for you and your hubby to be done with the VA. I know that has been a trial. Hooray!

Meike said...

Wirklich super süsse Fotos!! (ich weiss ich wiederhole mich in jedem Blogeintrag).
Und das ist wirklich eine GROSSE Erleichterung und Freude für uns alle, dass Henry es geschafft hat.Wäre schön gewesen mit euch Feiern zu können.

Julia.. Sophia dreht tatsächlich ihre Haare. Das hat sie von ihrer Mama :)

Danny and Darcie said...

That last picture of Alba takes me back. Mary did that to us in the womb, while they were trying to determine if she was a boy or a girl :)

I am so glad that the V.A. stuff has worked out. Henry is such a hard, dedicated and committed worker that I just knew he would pass.

Yea for family parties and not cooking. That is one of the things I will miss when we get our new place. Not having to worry about dinner most nights.

Kari said...

Congrats!!! Yeah! It's all down hill from here! And I love the pics of Sophia and Alba. Adorable.

Unknown said...

I got to read all the way back to St. Nicklaus day. It was great. Ich bin aufgewachen. I love your book on familie.