Time goes by so quickly and yet so slowly at times. I mean, has it really been a year today that I had to go in for a D and C? Urgh...I had to think back today to that horrible day. But also, has it really been just a little over 2 years that Sophia joined us? She's getting so big.
Today I took her in to the doctor - after she started having a temperature today and a somewhat runny nose. She's also not been sleeping quite as well in the last few days or eating much. And she's told me that her ear hurts. So, I figured maybe I should get it checked. Sure enough, the poor kid has an ear infection. More amazing to me though was that she was holding perfectly still on her own as the doctor checked her ears. That may not be amazing to you, but considering that it usually takes both Henry and me for simple tasks as clipping her toe nails, brushing or checking her teeth, and usually looking into her ears, I was simply shocked that I didn't have to wrestle her to the ground just so the doctor could get a quick look. Nope. I tried to prepare her ahead. I told her a few times in the car that we're driving to the doctor, and that he'll have to look into her ears to see if they're "krank" (sick) or not etc. It seemed like she understood what's going on, but I think when she totally behaved, I realized she was totally getting it. I was so proud of her. She's also been great with taking her medicine (which was a major battle last time she had an ear infection - which granted was about 2 years ago...). Sometimes I just can't get over how sweet, and wise my little girl is.
Now, little Alba already seems to be our little trouble maker. :) Just kidding. I have no idea how she'll be, but considering that she flaked out on her earthly experience the first time around, and now has decided to settle down traverse in the belly, I'd say this girl may just have a will of her own. Well, Sophia definitely has a will of her own, too - but, she just may not be as accommodating as Sophia in nature. Can't wait to meet her. Anyway, so the latest news is that Alba is in a breech position (though I guess when they're traverse/sideways it's not officially a breech position). The problem with this is that if she doesn't move of her own free will or by force into a head-down position, then I need to have a c-section. And I really don't want a c-section. Therefore, I scheduled a version for Tuesday. With a version, the doctor tries to externally move the baby into the right position - a fairly uncomfortable/painful process from what I hear. I'm not thrilled to get tortured, but I'd take it over a c-section. Just cross your fingers that the version a) works b) won't be too painful and c) that if it works, that little Ms. Alba will stay put so I can have a normal delivery.
Even if the version doesn't work there is still hope, I guess, but also a good chance for a c-section. I read up a little more about the process of a c-section last night, and all I can say is that I just don't get how people voluntarily have them. Seriously...why would you ever choose that? It's just beyond me. But to each their own I guess.
Henry and I just spent our date night watching the lamest movie ever called "Letters to Juliet". We had to keep laughing at the lame, spineless main character, and the, of course, very predictable plot, and the portrayal of Italy, and - well just everything. I can't believe we watched the whole movie. Haha. Ok, well...that's my up-date for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
There are good doctors and midwives out there that can manipulate your baby. Teva was turned around from the outside by a great nurse half way through the labor. And Leo wasn't quite right either, so I had to lay on my side during contractions...everything went well in the end. So breathe ...And yes, Sophia seems to be such an angel. I would need one like her in my household.
I hope she turns. There is a good chance also she'll turn and then you'll go into labor. At least you won't be doing it while you're in labor. That would be awful.
Hey, how did your version go? Sorry I haven't commented on your blog much lately. I guess I have a tendency to go into hiding during the last weeks of pregnancy.
No worries Julie. The version went well in the sense that when I got to the hospital and they checked Alba's position again with the ultra sound, it turned out that she had turned vertex on her own. So, they sent me home again without having to do the version. I was so happy! Now she just has to stay put!
Post a Comment