Tuesday, February 22, 2011

May I Introduce...

the "Bag Lady"



Sorry if you were all hoping for a little introduction of Miss Alba. She's still hanging with Mommy, but I'm hoping that she'll make an appearance over the weekend. :) Anyway, back to the Bag Lady. Recently, Sophia's favorite thing has been to load up her little baby doll stroller, not with a baby, but all her random favorite toys (usually her beads, stuff from her toy kitchen, and things from the "party bag"). She'll stuff her stroller as much as she can, and then push around her toys, usually ending up hording it all in her little "fort" (which she now calls 'home'). It just made me think of similar that is to certain, urm, homeless people, who push around a lot of their random belongings in a shopping cart, and live in a little box for a home. I hope that's not her future, but for now she's my little bag lady. :)

5 comments:

Kari said...

I totally thought little Alba was here when I saw that! Such a tease! Good thing Sophia is so cute!

Renee (and Eric) said...

Very cute! And also a bit familiar. I have three boys who love to "move" or play "hotel." Both of these events involve shifting various pillows, blankets, toys and important items from one room of the house to another. They gather, move and dump with great contentment. I just wish it would all get gathered back to where I would like for it to be....

Danny and Darcie said...

I too thought that Alba was here, and was wishing that I could see here in person. Are you having any contractions, are you dilated or effaced?

Sophia is such a doll! I remember when Mary would push her stroller around with her "treasures" in it. She still totes things around with her but usually it is in a laundry basket because her stroller is in storage.

Quinn said...

If Sophia is the bag lady, then Tyler is the bag man. He dresser is constantly covered with all the random/individual items that I sweep up from all over the house and drop on the dresser thinking I'll put them away later. He almost always has a little something in his fist. Recently I even found a memory stick in his pocket (before I washed his pants thankfully)- ARGH! he picked that up off my desk. I really have to watch him.
Thanks for the cute pics of Sopia, and please don't make us read about Alba. Send an email to the family and let us know she's here so we can call right away. I don't check blogs daily necessarily. Praying all goes well...

HeidiPie said...

Yes, I was hoping your week long hiatus meant a little baby...but maybe by the weekend. fingers crossed. Or on the weekend...

That's pretty sweet of Sophia. She could come play with my kids..who play hotel in my closet or we're off to Target...or Walmart...Then there's today when they were playing..hurry get out of the way there's going to be a falling bulldozer. What? I know, crazy. Where do they come up with these things?