Monday, February 14, 2011

A Love Poem - by Henry

Henry wrote me this poem. I thought I'd share. It makes me feel so happy and loved. And I think anyone would if their husbands wrote them a nice poem like that.


You don't think it's possible that I love you.
Each day I try to show that just isn't true.

I kiss you and hug you and tease you a lot.
It's the cheap kind of love that I give on the spot.

I know you don't like it, and I forget all the time,
But teasing you means that I'm glad you're mine.

I'm glad of the first time I kissed you good-night.
And held your hands behind me ever so tight.

I was nervous, I think, and maybe you too.
I'm glad that I risked it and now I have you.

I love going hiking, or biking or reading.
With you I love everything - especially eating.

I love going for walks or just holding your hand,
or snuggling real close, not a word being said.

Of course, I like winning, no matter the game,
But of course when you win, I like it the same.

I like helping you cook, doing just what you say,
Even if for most of it I just get in the way.

I like being with you when you are so sad,
I like feeling I'm good at lessening the bad.

I'm glad that I need you and that you need me, too.
We make each other better, whatever we do.

I'd really be lost if you died in the night.
I'd really miss you the rest of my life.

I love all of our good times and all of our bad.
All of them are the best times I've had.

I realize I may be biased, but I think I have the greatest husband in the world. I love you, Henry. And I really like the last line of his poem:" I love all of our good times, and all of our bad. All of them are the best times I've had." I agree.

5 comments:

Dörte said...

That is indeed a lovely poem. How nice that you have each other in rough times. May comfort and relief come your way these next few weeks!

And, really, he's a teaser?! I wouldn't have guessed that - but then again I don't that husband of yours. I've got one of those (the teasing kind) too. Teasing is indeed a way of expressing love, but seriously, doesn't he & the teasing drive you crazy sometimes? ;)

Franziska Patterson said...

Haha, yeah, Henry loves to tease, and it's totally how his whole family shows love (they're all big teasers). I don't mind the teasing in limited amounts, but it does drive me nuts sometimes when he starts teasing and doesn't seem able to stop. :) But at least I know it just means he loves me, right? ;)

Maren said...

You have a wonderful husband. I adore him too and yes, I do see the teasing, haha.

Thanks for sharing that sweet poem. Henry is so talented and so deeply loving. He truly is a catch and I am so glad he found you.

Isa said...

How sweet! :)

That last line is precious and true. If all else fails, he can always go for a writing career.

HUgs.

Cami said...

I loved it! Henry that was so sweet. I'm glad you love each other so much! Thanks for sharing. :)