Wow, when I wrote yesterday, I didn't realize that it was 1 year ago that we had another crappy day.
It's funny (not really) how sometimes things repeat themselves. Last year, this time, I was pregnant. Last year this time, Henry was sweating and stressing like crazy in school, wondering/hoping that he'll pass his clinical part. And yesterday, we were basically in the same boat. With a few small differences. This time we weren't just coming back from the OB/Gyn with the news that we had lost our baby. Yesterday, while listening to Henry with sinking heart, I could feel our little baby kicking and moving around. Thank you Alba for choosing yesterday to move around a lot and let me know that you're still with us.
But, I remember last year so well still. Walking out of the office, numb, with tears, having to drop Henry off at school, and driving home alone with Sophia. Then having Henry call me later on to tell me that of all days, they had pulled him aside that day for a review of his remediation, and how he still was doing this and/or that wrong. I remember the feeling of hopelessness. Just wanting to curl up in a ball and fall apart on my bed. Hugging Sophia tightly because she was all I had to hold at that point. Wondering what would happen with Henry. Wondering what would happen to that little girl I was expecting.
So, yesterday was better. But we were back to that sinking feeling of wondering how things will go for Henry. Stressing and worrying, while having a little one in my belly. Feeling helpless, and upset at the injustice that seems to haunt my husband. That was similar. I think this time I'm a bit more upset about Henry's situation though. Last year, Henry really had to improve certain things. This time he was faulted for things that were either ridiculous and unimportant or simply not fair (and we could prove some of it, but at the risk of it working against Henry for "speaking up"). I hate how unfair life can be sometimes. But, sometimes it's also unfair in our favor. I guess I better count my blessings.
Today, therefore, I'm happy to have Sophia with us. To have Alba move around a lot in my belly reassuring me that she is ok (usually I barely feel her). To have Henry working so hard. To be healthy. To have a roof over my head, food, clothing. To have family and friends, who've prayed endlessly on our behalf last year, and who I'm sure are pouring out their faith in prayer again for us now. I'm grateful for snow. For clouds. For warmth and cold. For blankets to cuddle up in with Sophia to read books. For chocolate. For giggles, songs, and hugs that I get every day. For the knowledge that things will be ok, no matter how they turn out. I think things will be ok. I really wish we could fastforward 5 weeks and just be done with both being pregnant and Henry having to endure the VA. But, I guess at least it's only 5 weeks. And I'm feeling great pregnancy-wise. Just eager to have that little girl in my arms. Maybe I just need to write this down, to reassure myself that it'll be ok, that Henry will most likely be there for Alba's birth, that he most likely will pass, that all will be well in the end. I just hate not having control over things.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That's really crappy about Henry's situation. I know he will do the right things. Seriously! You shouldn't be faulted for organizing yourself differently, unless it's actually affecting your work. And it sounds like it isn't.
I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left! I hope you continue to feel well and are getting rest often.
Good luck with everything!
I know. It's really stupid, but it's like all the doctors want you to do stuff their way, and if you don't (even though you get the same results), you're just not doing it right. Bleh! I've come to realize that there is a lot of subjectivity involved in this part of his education, and a lot of stuff that's really not educational at all, but just a bunch of jumping through the loop holes. Seeing how Henry is a person of integrity, who wants to do the best possible job, and learn as much as possible, this really isn't working in his favor at times. :( Annoying.
I can't believe it's STILL 5 weeks. Somehow it just seems to be dragging on right now...I hope little Alba chooses to come early.
I am all to familiar with unfair work. Right now, Mike is at a "voluntary" study group to prepare for next year. Let's not forget how he has been gone all week, and I have had no time with him. Sometimes I really hate all of it. I hope that things get better at the VA. I'm impressed by your grateful attitude, but I can't believe your grateful for snow. (: Come to Syracuse. (:
Yeah, it's hard at times to not be seriously upset about the unfair stuff in a lot of this "great education" you're paying for. I know there are worse things in life, but it's incredibly hard for me to sit at home and not be able to do anything/say anything in matters that are bugging the crap out of me. :(
Yes, I'm grateful for snow. It makes everything look so pretty. It prepares everything for spring. Most importantly though, it made it possible for me to pull Sophia around in a sled today. She's been wanting to go sledding for so long. Now I finally found one, and could take her. Yeah for snow. :) (Plus, if it snows a lot, Henry is more likely to get out early, because patients cancel appointments!!!!)
Yeah for snow then if it means Henry comes home early! And kids really do love snow. We haven't had any since after the new year, but it is soo cold again. -2.5 today.
Fran, what a bittersweet post. It makes me happy and sad all at once. But I really enjoyed reading it. And I feel very good that things will work out.
Thanks guys...
Post a Comment