Sophia just always makes me smile.
Today in the car, while driving home from friends' house, Sophia requested that we turn on some music. I asked her if she wanted to listen to 'Schnappi' (a kid-like song about a crocodile). No. How about U2? Ja, U2. Ok, so I turned on U2 (Rattle and Hum). A few seconds into it, Sophia asked:"Kannst du es lauter machen?" (Can you turn it up?). Urm, sure...and then the dancing in the card seat began. Hehehehe...I can't believe my little girl already prefers rock music over kiddie music, but at least she has good taste.
A few nights ago, when I checked on Sophia before I went to bed, she was laying in her crib in an awkward way. So, I pulled her into a more comfortable position. As I did, she kind of started waving her arms and hands, like she was reaching for me, or trying to push me away or something (she was on her back). But, she was still totally asleep. I tried holding her hands, but she just kept moving them. Then she opened her eyes for a second, closed them again and mumbled "Ich schwimme, ich schwimme!" (I'm swimming, I'm swimming). I don't know if she was talking in her sleep, or just awake enough to tell me what she was dreaming about. No idea. But I thought it was so cute.
And this morning, Sophia woke up, wanted to cuddle with me in our bed, and then...requested breakfast in bed. Haha. We actually did it, and she did pretty well with not making a mess. I love how much she enjoys cuddling, being comfy, and enjoying the simple pleasure of life (like breakfast in bed). :)
Another moment from today that made me smile was when we tried to gently wake her up from her nap because we were going over to our friends' house (and her friend's house). But she was totally out and wasn't really waking up. Henry had left the door open, and had tried kind of prodding her awake and all, but she just stayed under her blanket. Then I walked in and said "Sophia, we're going to Kent's house now!". She immediately sat up and said "Ich bin aufgewacht!" (I have woken up), and was ready to go in no time.
Pure cuteness to me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Next time try some Shostakovich.
It is so good that you are recording all of these things. Sophia's swimming in her dreams fits perfectly with Derrick sleep walking right now. Give her a hug for me :)
She's got your smartness..
She is such a sweet little girl! I'm so glad she likes to visit us too! I'm surprised she still perks up to Kent's name after all the abuse he has given her, but I guess she kind of got back at him with her death hug. I just love watching those two play together!
I love that age. They do the cutest things!! I'm glad you're getting them all down.
Post a Comment