Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

Yeah, that's right. Here's a little gratitude post. Because, I'm thankful, every day, for the many good things in our life. Right now Henry is bustling in the kitchen preparing a dessert for our Thanksgiving meal. Sophia is watching "Shaun das Schaf". We all woke up around 9am, and are still in our pj's. It's warm inside, and cold and dreary outside. In a second I'll get out the Christmas decoration and start decorating to some lovely Christmas music. Later on, we'll dance in our living room (too cold and slick for a run outside) as our "Turkey Trott". Then I'll start cooking, and we'll just eat and chill for the rest of the day, enjoying our time together. Ahhhhh...it's so nice to have a day to relax as family.

I'm so grateful to have my little family around me - that they're healthy, and happy. I'm so grateful that Henry can pursue a degree he loves, that we have been able to go to school, get educated. I'm grateful for medicine and health care that has always been a given in our lives, just like having shelter and food and clothes. Some may think our home is a "humble" one - we don't have a lot of gadgets and stuff. But, I think we're rich in so many ways, because we really aren't lacking anything and basically have any opportunities of life ready at our feet. And mostly, we have each other, which really is the most important. I can't wait for little Alba Zoë to join us. I think we all are getting a bit impatient waiting for her. I feel like we've waited for her to join us for over a year, and it just feels like she should be here with us already. It makes me a little sad that we're spending these holidays without her in our arms, but I'm glad she's on her way. I'm glad we're so blessed in so many ways.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

2 comments:

Henry said...

She's spending it with us in your belly. Nice to feel her kicking.

H

Kari said...

I finally got in. (: Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving without us!!