So, the last couple of days/week have been kind of sweet and sour at the same time. We'd be having a lot of fun, I'd be having lots of positive thoughts and feelings, wanting to post about all the goodness in my life the 'next day' and then the next day would be 'sour'. Stupid stuff happening that I can't even remember now. Anyway, yesterday was another sweet day. It started off with family cuddling at 6am. Henry couldn't sleep, I couldn't sleep, and suddenly we heard a loud thud and scream from Sophia's room, which had me jumping out of the bed and rushing to her room. Well, turned out the loud 'thud' was just our noisy neighbors, and the scream was just Sophia wanting milk. I got her her milk and then took her with me into our bed for some family cuddling time. That's always fun because no matter what hour, Sophia perks right up and is ready for some fun (like tickeling Papa or singing songs). After that we eventually all went back to sleep. Henry had to still get up somewhat early, but Sophia and I snoozed till the blessed hour of 9.40am. Ahhhhh...
The rest of the day was great, too. We took Sophia trick-or-treating, which she loved (upon asking her if she had enough candy she said 'no, Sophia braucht mehr candy' (Sophia needs more candy). We went to the temple. We had a tasty dinner. The night before was the ward trunk-or-treating, and Henry and I for the first time ever dressed up. It was so fun to see Sophia buzz around (she was a 'Wilde Hummel' or bumble bee) and loving all the decorations, kids, candy etc. It was great. We took some really fun family pictures of all of us in our costumes, and Sophia experiencing the creepy magic of Halloween for the first time.
And then it all turned sour last night, when I wanted to upload the cool pictures we took, just to find out that Henry had deleted them all. By accident, I should admit. But still, they were all gone, for good. All those fun memories. Let's just say all the sweet, lovely things I had been wanting to say in the next post, once again, disappeared, and instead I just wanted to both cry and inflict pain upon my husband for such a grave mistake!!!! Well, today is a new day. I'm still so sad over the lost pictures, but I guess mistakes happen, and poor Henry should be forgiven and loved. He's just as sad over the loss. It just sucks that those pictures are gone. They were really fun. And now you'll never see how we looked as a family of bumble bees. Life, of course, will go on. There will be other Halloweens, and in the long run, this one probably won't matter. But for now, it's a sweet and sour memory to me.
Friday, October 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I wish I could have seen you guys! That sounds fun. And sad about the pictures. ): I am jealous that you guys got to go trick or treating. I love how in Ohio they move trick or treating to a different night. Poor Bailey and Avery are so sad because it's on a Sunday, and we are not going. Oh well. And how about Sophia's teeth? Did they get fixed? Hopefully this is more of a sweet question that a sour one...
Like Kari our trick or treating is on Sunday here too. Bummer for the kids. So, we're going to the university treating tonight and the trunk or treat, hopefully it will work to get to both of them. Sorry about your pictures. I think we've all done that at least once. I'm sure someone in your ward will have some.
Well, I actually DON'T like that Columbus does trick-or-treat on different days. We almost missed it because I figured Halloween is on the 31st, so therefore trick-or-treating is also. Thursday wouldn't have come to my mind as a possible day for that.
Anyway, I guess I could see how some people don't want to go 'trick-or-treating' on a Sunday, but I personally see nothing wrong with it. Why not dress up and walk around in your neighborhood as a family on a Sunday. I actually think it's a nice family activity...that's if it's just walking around asking for candy. We would have taken Sophia on Sunday. So, I feel bad for Bailey and Avery, too. :)
Anyway, I guess I've gotten over the picture loss more or less. They just were such fun pictures and I was excited to post them. :(
Teeth aren't fixed. Dentist didn't want to do it without putting Sophia under. We'll probably wait a while and then try and see a different dentist, and see if we can get them fixed then.
You could always try using an free Undelete program if your pictures are on an SD/Compact Flash card, and you can see them under Windows.
Find a free one online that has good reviews. Hopefully you haven't taken any/many more pictures since then...
I am sooooo sad about your pictures!!! I am such a picture freak, I would have been devastated too. I would have loved to see the fam. pics. And thank you for saying that you would have gone trick-or-treating on Sunday. I didn't plan it, I didn't plan anything this year since it was Sunday and the Germans aren't into Halloween anyway, so I was just going to let it slide by. But then on Saturday I had two different neighbors tell me they had bought treats and my kids are old enough that letting it slide by was not an option. The thought never occured to them, that they wouldn't go. So about an hour before dark (with time change yesterday-5.30pm) we scrounged through our dress up boxes and pulled together the costumes we've used through the years and they went around the neighborhood for probably 45 min. I thought it was GREAT!! I had no stress over the last weeks trying to find costumes. Being new in the neighborhood, the neighbors will know what to expect in the years to come. The kids didn't get too much candy which is a plus too and they got out for a little bit in spite of the yucky weather. Surprisingly there were a couple of other groups that came around. Halloween gains popularity yearly. It will never be as big as in America I am guessing, because Maten Mayern is just 10-11 days later and many just say come back for that, but it is nice that my kids get to get a little tast of it here anyway.
Fran forgot to mention that when we woke so early in the morning I had already woken up every three hours before that. Then I had to go to school all day long. So, it isn't surprising that my tired self deleted all those pictures. I was sad too. Still haven't tried the SD recovery program. I don't know how to feel like a free program isn't going to eat my computer or gather my passwords, etc...
Henry
Post a Comment