And for those who don't notice, or are slow catching on...the good news is I'm pregnant again. I had my 8 week ultrasound today, which I dreaded more than one would dread a rootcanal. I was so nervous I was ready to barf the doctor in the face. Luckily, he realized my anxiety and got to business quickly. So, so far all is well. There's a heartbeat, and we're happy. Also, there is only 1 baby. We were wondering if there may be two in there, since my nurse/midwife lady commented on me being 'HUUUGEE' and if there are any twins my family. I am huge, it's true. But, now I guess it must be fat not babies. Darn it!
Fran, I'm so happy and excited for you! I'm calling Henry's cell phone because I still haven't found your cell number, I'll leave another message. Hopefully, I'll talk to you soon!
Super Franzi das freut mich, ich habe es irgend wie geahnt schon bei den letzten Telefonaten, weil du so ein leuchten in deinen Augen hattest. Das Baby müsste dann ja im März kommen oder?? Ich hoffe es geht dir sonst gut keine Beschwerden und so. Wir freuen uns schon auf unsere neue Nichte/Neffen hätten uns auch über zwei gefreut, aber vielleicht taucht ja noch einer auf. Mein GYn hat immer gesagt bis zur 13 Woche kann man Zwillinge nie ausschließen. =)
Ha! The only thing I noticed at first was the warning that your blog background will disappear this Friday.
Congrats!
That will make Sophia and the baby around 2 1/2 years apart, right? I think that is around the perfect age gap. Close enough to be good buddies but far enough apart that Sophia will likely be out of diapers and you won't go totally nuts feeling like you have 2 babies.
And you didn't tell me yesterday? Crazy you!! And Congratulations, I'm really excited for you guys!!! That's probably not near enough exclamation marks for you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did wonder when you were talking about peeing your pants. =)
Hehe...well, thanks everyone for being excited. I'm actually only starting to feel excited about this pregnancy today. I thought I'd be ecstatic with joy once I'd get pregnant again, but when I found out, I think I was too surprised (it really was, urm, a bit of a miracle I got pregnant THAT month) and I immediately just saw another ultrasound with a dead baby before my eyes. I think I just kind of shut down and was really detached from it. Actually, even today as we went in, I was convinced that this would be another miscarriage. Oh well. I think I can relax a little now, though there's of course, always still a chance. I'm just happy we made it this far. Hopefully all continues well.
Due date is March 2, but I happen to know that it should be about 2-3 days sooner...:)
We'll find out the gender the beginning/middle of October (or so I hope).
Wir freuen uns auch sehr für dich. Das sind ja tolle Neuigkeiten. Ihr wisst aber noch nicht ob wir einen Neffen und eine Nicht bekommen? Naja nach 8 Wochen... Wie dem auch sei... Dann wäre es schön, wenn wir dich dann nächstes Jahr auch wieder sehen könnten...:-) Alles Liebe und Gruss an Henry Steffen & Mariella
Oh Congrats:)!! I'm so happy for you. Too bad it's not twins...then we could be treading new water together eh:)? I think the worries just get worse with each subsequent pregnancy...or at least that's how it has worked for me. I still have nervous days and I'm 28 weeks. I'm excited to hear what you are having and congrats again....that is so great!!
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I want to call you to congratulate you but it's already getting late. I'll call you tomorrow. :) I'm just sooooo glad for you guys. We'll pray that everything continues smoothly and that Sophia becomes a big sister next Spring!
Fantastic news!! Congratulations and thanks for the birthday greeting and tip to look, it would have been a couple of days before I checked again. Just came back from Denmark, Coni and the girls are staying the week with me. Everyone is very excited for the good news. And ditto Julia's comment about twins.8-)
A gal from Germany, a guy from California, another BYU love story, 1 bunny named Killer, 2 little girls, 3 degrees, 4 bikes, books in every corner, drawings on the wall, music and dancing, vegetable garden on the balcony, chocolate and prosciutto, pitched tents in the living rooms, cloth diapers in the bathroom, laundry piles in the bedroom, unvaccumed stair way, unironed clothes, lots of hugs, a bunch of tears, some heart ache, some fights, some disappointments, much joy, lots of traveling, nightmares and night cuddles, trips to the ER - swearing included, diarrhea disasters in public bathrooms, marathons, bike rides, prayers, faith, hope and hopefully some charity. Happiness.
21 comments:
And for those who don't notice, or are slow catching on...the good news is I'm pregnant again. I had my 8 week ultrasound today, which I dreaded more than one would dread a rootcanal. I was so nervous I was ready to barf the doctor in the face. Luckily, he realized my anxiety and got to business quickly. So, so far all is well. There's a heartbeat, and we're happy. Also, there is only 1 baby. We were wondering if there may be two in there, since my nurse/midwife lady commented on me being 'HUUUGEE' and if there are any twins my family. I am huge, it's true. But, now I guess it must be fat not babies. Darn it!
Anyway, there ya go!
Horray!
Fran, I'm so happy and excited for you! I'm calling Henry's cell phone because I still haven't found your cell number, I'll leave another message. Hopefully, I'll talk to you soon!
Yeah! I'm super happy that the ultrasound went well! Now for a shopping spree of cute maternity clothes!
Yesssssssssssss!
Super Franzi das freut mich, ich habe es irgend wie geahnt schon bei den letzten Telefonaten, weil du so ein leuchten in deinen Augen hattest. Das Baby müsste dann ja im März kommen oder?? Ich hoffe es geht dir sonst gut keine Beschwerden und so. Wir freuen uns schon auf unsere neue Nichte/Neffen hätten uns auch über zwei gefreut, aber vielleicht taucht ja noch einer auf. Mein GYn hat immer gesagt bis zur 13 Woche kann man Zwillinge nie ausschließen. =)
Ha! The only thing I noticed at first was the warning that your blog background will disappear this Friday.
Congrats!
That will make Sophia and the baby around 2 1/2 years apart, right? I think that is around the perfect age gap. Close enough to be good buddies but far enough apart that Sophia will likely be out of diapers and you won't go totally nuts feeling like you have 2 babies.
Again, Congrats. So happy for you.
SUCH exciting news!!! Congrats Fran - so glad the baby is healthy & you are too!!! When's your due date? I'm too lazy for math ;)
And you didn't tell me yesterday? Crazy you!! And Congratulations, I'm really excited for you guys!!! That's probably not near enough exclamation marks for you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did wonder when you were talking about peeing your pants. =)
Hehe...well, thanks everyone for being excited. I'm actually only starting to feel excited about this pregnancy today. I thought I'd be ecstatic with joy once I'd get pregnant again, but when I found out, I think I was too surprised (it really was, urm, a bit of a miracle I got pregnant THAT month) and I immediately just saw another ultrasound with a dead baby before my eyes. I think I just kind of shut down and was really detached from it. Actually, even today as we went in, I was convinced that this would be another miscarriage. Oh well. I think I can relax a little now, though there's of course, always still a chance. I'm just happy we made it this far. Hopefully all continues well.
Due date is March 2, but I happen to know that it should be about 2-3 days sooner...:)
We'll find out the gender the beginning/middle of October (or so I hope).
Congratulations!
Sorry, lots of typos.
The essential point of my comment was - Yay!
Congratulations Fran!
I liked the way you announced it: subtle and smart to use a little sign on your blog. I'm happy for you!
Hallo Franzi
Wir freuen uns auch sehr für dich. Das sind ja tolle Neuigkeiten. Ihr wisst aber noch nicht ob wir einen Neffen und eine Nicht bekommen?
Naja nach 8 Wochen... Wie dem auch sei...
Dann wäre es schön, wenn wir dich dann nächstes Jahr auch wieder sehen könnten...:-)
Alles Liebe und Gruss an Henry
Steffen & Mariella
Oh Congrats:)!! I'm so happy for you. Too bad it's not twins...then we could be treading new water together eh:)? I think the worries just get worse with each subsequent pregnancy...or at least that's how it has worked for me. I still have nervous days and I'm 28 weeks. I'm excited to hear what you are having and congrats again....that is so great!!
Congrats!!!
Congratulations! that is very exciting. I hope you are feeling well.
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I want to call you to congratulate you but it's already getting late. I'll call you tomorrow. :)
I'm just sooooo glad for you guys. We'll pray that everything continues smoothly and that Sophia becomes a big sister next Spring!
Fantastic news!! Congratulations and thanks for the birthday greeting and tip to look, it would have been a couple of days before I checked again. Just came back from Denmark, Coni and the girls are staying the week with me. Everyone is very excited for the good news. And ditto Julia's comment about twins.8-)
Post a Comment