Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Good Times

Well, I've been meaning to post pictures and video clips and up-dates on Sophia for a while. And it just doesn't happen. We end up playing and doing stuff, and when I put her in bed, I remember that I mean to capture her cuteness on the camera. Anyway, without having hard proof, rest assured that she is cute as cute can be. The other night, when for some reason she couldn't sleep and kept crying, I went in to check on her. When I took her out of her crib, she immediately started tickling me and said "tickletickletickle". Really? A tickle fight at 2.30am? I was rather amused. More of her loveliness later though.

May has been pretty nice so far. I'd say the best month this year so far. I've been particularly happy over two small (or not so small) things:

We're going to Florida this weekend for a little vacation. Henry is going to a contact lense seminar next Monday and Tuesday, and it so happens that the company who's doing it flies out the students, pays their hotel, and food from Sunday night till Tuesday when they leave. So, I figured why not tag along for a little beach time. We're leaving on Friday at noon, and get to spend 3-4 days in Jacksonville. I'm so excited for sunshine, beach, Henry-time, family time and just not worrying about school or pregnancies or anything like it.

The other happy thing: 4 $15 Target gift cards. Our health insurance has this reward system where you get a gift card if you take your baby for their well-baby check ups, and then return a post card with the info of when you took your baby in etc. Well, a few weeks ago while cleaning up I found one that was for Sophia's 6-months check-up (so over a year old). I figured, I'd send it in anyway and see if they'll still give me the $15 gift card. To my surprise, I got a letter back with 4 gift cards in them, and another post-card for to return for her most recent check-up. So, there will be another $15 gift card coming soon. Lucky??? Probably. But, I just felt like blessings were literally raining from heaven.

4 comments:

HeidiPie said...

Awesome! Florida sounds fun. And gift cards at Target. What's better than that? They gave us gift cards from Meijer...Target is definitely better.

Kari said...

I'm so glad that things are starting to turn around. Yeah! I hope if just keeps getting better. We miss you!

Henry said...

When do you guys come back to visit?

H

Isa said...

jealous! Florida is actually pretty nice, despite its reputation.