Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cumberland Island


On Sunday we went to Cumberland Island, Georgia. We took a Ferry over to this beautiful, secluded little island. Cumberland Island used to have a few cotton plantations, but has since been abandoned, and turned into a national park. There's no traffic there (no cars), no roads, and actually no one living there either. Instead you get wild horses, amardillos, wild turkey, and the like. And beautiful, untouched, empty beaches. Unfortunately it was Sunday. So, Henry and I didn't swim, but we let Sophia have some fun - naked, of course. After all, I'm still from Europe. Anyway, here are some pictures of our excursion. If you click on them, I think you can see them bigger with the zoom or something. If not, you probably don't want to look that closely anyway.



These are the wild animals we saw - an amardillo, horses, some funny green lizard, and a turkey vulture


Cumberland Island Wilderness and Beach - in the second picture, you can see the beach through the trees. It's crazy to me how there was lichen, tarzan-like vines, brush and palm trees, and then the beach right in front of it. Beautiful!

7 comments:

Isa said...

BEAUTIFUL! I want to step right into these pictures. Take us with yo next time, will you!

mom said...

I love the pictures. Henry looks great in that photo. You all look so happy. I can't wait to see you!
-Sarah

Unknown said...

You look stunning in these photos, Fran!

Homesteading Urban Style said...

Amazing photos! Your family is so picture perfect! Im glad that you had a great time and I hope it makes up for the lost time in Florida!

I love photos of naked babes in nature, and being worn by their mamas!

Marianne said...

what a fun trip!!! Glad you got to go have some fun as a family:) I'm thinking about you guys...

Angie said...

I love it! Especially darling Sophia in her birthday suit. It looks like you've had a great time!

Troy said...

Come to Memphis and you'll see all the armadillos you desire. Mostly they're dead on the side of the road but the idea is the same, right?