So, our good friends have been packing up their things this weekend to abandon the Golf Pointe Community for good, and to move on to bigger and better things (aka Medical School is over and the fun of residency will now commence). I'm pretty bummed. They are virtually Sophia's second family, and our best friends out here. Therefore, it's rather unfortunate to have them leave. :( Anyway, on Saturday, I threw a little Good-bye party for my friend Kari as well as my friend Darcie, who isn't gone yet, but is basically a ticking time-bomb, and leaving as soon as their little baby comes. Arghhh...I hate being left behind (childhood traumas flashing before my eyes of being 'forgotten' at Church and the like).
Back to the party. I didn't take pictures. By the time everyone came I was tired and wanted to sit, and there wasn't anything spectacular except for a lot of food. Here's what we had:
We also had a fancy cheese platter with a: White Stilton with Lemon Peel (British), Vintage Irish Cheddar, Butterkaese (German), Mimolette (French), Ubriaco (Italian), Mahon (Spanish) and a Cheddar Cheese Ball (American, of course!)
As you can see, we ate like Queens, and had a good time, sitting around lazily, laughing, talking, eating, and enjoying the company of great people one more time. It's too bad that some things can't just stay the way they are.
That is always so hard. My kids seem to be the ones always leaving. They actually adjust so well and seem to just go on with life. I on the other hand still miss Columbus and I am already missing Fort Wayne.
The food was phenomenal, the company was fantastic, and the conversations were hilarious. It truly was a night that I don't want to forget, and will cherish with fondness remembering and looking back. I don't think I can thank you enough Fran.
OH sad. I know...I still miss all our friends from Columbus. Change is hard- and sad when involves not seeing people you have grown to love so much every time you walk outside. what a good friend to throw a party.
A gal from Germany, a guy from California, another BYU love story, 1 bunny named Killer, 2 little girls, 3 degrees, 4 bikes, books in every corner, drawings on the wall, music and dancing, vegetable garden on the balcony, chocolate and prosciutto, pitched tents in the living rooms, cloth diapers in the bathroom, laundry piles in the bedroom, unvaccumed stair way, unironed clothes, lots of hugs, a bunch of tears, some heart ache, some fights, some disappointments, much joy, lots of traveling, nightmares and night cuddles, trips to the ER - swearing included, diarrhea disasters in public bathrooms, marathons, bike rides, prayers, faith, hope and hopefully some charity. Happiness.
4 comments:
Sophia has been asking for Bailey and Avery and Kari multiple times already. So sad to tell her they are gone.
Henry
That is always so hard. My kids seem to be the ones always leaving. They actually adjust so well and seem to just go on with life. I on the other hand still miss Columbus and I am already missing Fort Wayne.
The food was phenomenal, the company was fantastic, and the conversations were hilarious. It truly was a night that I don't want to forget, and will cherish with fondness remembering and looking back. I don't think I can thank you enough Fran.
OH sad. I know...I still miss all our friends from Columbus. Change is hard- and sad when involves not seeing people you have grown to love so much every time you walk outside. what a good friend to throw a party.
Post a Comment