Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thank Goodness

...that Sophia has chosen this stressful time of the year to wake up every night and cry for hours with no apparent reason. Lucky. Not like Henry needs his sleep or anything. Should I count my blessings, and rejoice that she didn't wake up on the weekend nights or put her on my 'Black List'?

3 comments:

Isa said...

these things ALWAYS come together. ALWAYS. You know the first one and a half years with Fee were a nightmare. She never slept. EVER, and I was beyond exhaustion point as is, and on top of that, Jonni was on vacation from his job, then my grandma died, then my father died, and my brother was physically threatening me, so I had to escape several times by train to live with my in-laws for a while. Plus, we had just moved back to Finland and I had a hard time adjusting anyway....

You'd think a not-sleeping child would be enough of a challenge.. or the emotional pain of losing a parent, but NO! I don't know why these things always come together, but they do! So sorry to hear about your situation, but I KNOW it will soon be over (even if it all seems hopeless now).

Marianne said...

Good to see what you guys are up to... sorry to hear all the stresses. If I were in Columbus... I would totally help Henry out. We're thinking about you guys!

Franziska Patterson said...

Thanks Marianne.

So, Isa, I don't think it's quite as bad as what you went through. Your brother threatening you and all? That's crazy! And sad. But I guess you're right:"When it rains, it pours!". I just hope Sophia will be sleeping well tonight. She sure took a nice long nap today.