Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Good and The Bad

Good:
  • Henry and I finally found some time last night to work out. We really needed it and it felt good to break a sweat!
  • Henry and his remediation professors are really fine-tuning on what some of the actual problems are, and this will be very helpful with changing things. Up till now things had been rather nebulous.
  • Henry has gotten some positive comments from his remediation professors, which has lifted our spirits a little.
  • Henry is getting a lot of extra practice now.
  • It's not freezing cold anymore, just cold.
  • Sophia is sleeping well again, so we're sleeping a lot better again. Thank goodness!
  • Our faith is growing. And we feel people praying for us.
  • We have a roof over our heads, clothes and food. Not something that should be taken for granted.
  • Sophia can say 'I love you'. We sure love her.
Bad:
  • Henry is not off the hook and the stress keeps building. Yesterday before his exam, his pulse was twice as high as usual. I wonder why?
  • Yesterday, Henry was supposed to have an evaluation with the clinical director. Instead of shining on a fairly normal patient, he got an old lady from Somalia who needed an interpreter and was highly uncooperative. She didn't want an exam at all, just glasses, and wasn't helping Henry to look good. It was very frustrating for Henry and made me feel bad for him. It also was very discouraging for him and made him feel like he just can't win. :(
  • We've been playing 'Dominion' with friends, and I still haven't managed to be anything but dead last in this game. Ironic that this was my birthday present.
  • Since Henry has the car most of the time, and since his schedule is nothing but PACKED (I'm talking 12 hour days etc.) I rarely get to work out. As a result I'm starting to feel fat again. :( It's also been a bit boring being trapped at home pretty much every day with nowhere to go.

2 comments:

Isa said...

Yay for working out. It really makes all the difference, doesn't it!

Except when one exaggerates it. The way I tend to. :D

Meike said...

Also rein von der Anzahl her, hast du mehr Punkte bei good :) Das ist doch schon mal gut.
Aber ich verstehe auch sehr gut, dass es halt bei allem schönen doch auch immer viele Sorgen und Gedanken im Hintergrund gibt.
Auf jedenfall freue ich mich darauf euch bald zu sehen!!!