Thursday, October 1, 2009
No Greater Joy
Today, I tried to put away some baby clothes Sophia has outgrown. I dumped all the clothes in the living room, and got out the big box they were going into and started folding. When I put something into the container, Sophia tried to pull it out. I explained that these things are going 'bye-bye', so while standing in front of the container, she started waving the stuff I put away 'bye-bye'. After a while, I guess, she got tired of waving clothes bye-bye, and started to roll around in the pile of clothes on the floor, while I was folding stuff. After she tired of that, she grabbed one of her books and started reading, while singing to herself. As I watched all that, I thought what a wonderful, miraculous thing it is to watch a little child live and grow up right before your eyes. And then I think I felt my heart take a little leap. Truly, is there a greater joy than being a parent? I don't know that there is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I loved seeing Sophia through your eyes. I love how she read her own book and was singing to herself and rolling in the clothes and waving bye bye. You are right. Nothing better. Thanks!
Babies are so much fun! I was eating breakfast with Bailey and Avery thinking the same thing.
So true. And it goes so fast. I try to remind myself often to take in the little things like hand prints on the windows and scraps of papers with drawings on it, because before I know it they will be grown up.
Post a Comment