Wednesday, October 14, 2009
It's A Race!
I have decided to run a race (www.monumentalmarathon.com). Today I filled out the registration form to register for a half-marathon on Nov. 7 in Indianapolis. I'm excited, and nervous. This is my first big race (I've done some 5k's and one 10k), and also my first running experience in the last year or two. I basically haven't run since I got pregnant with Sophia, and I only did a little 5k race since she was born (for which I didn't train and I haven't run since that day). I just barely started training 2-3 weeks ago when I decided to try for this half-marathon thing. So, I'm wondering how things will go and work out. I've been training with 2 other friends who'll join me, and we'll meet up with one other on the race day to do the run. It'll be four of us women racing! Anyway, I'm just awake, in the middle of the night, thinking about this. Wondering whether I can really accomplish what I've set out to do (my goal is to run the 13.1 miles in less than 2.5 hours). Will my legs/knees be ok? Will Henry be ok watching Sophia and potentially 2 more boys? Will we get there on time? Where do I park? Will I pee my pants? Is it going to rain? Will people think I look stupid running? I'm giddy and motivated and excited to do something challenging. But I also feel nervous and unsure. This is so exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you!
Go Team Fran!
Go Go go!! The amazing mom's group! You can do it! You'll be fine and Sophia will brag about you forever. Yay.
The pied piper of henry can handle the babies. Maybe. heheheh And a wee pee among friends is no big deal (trust me).
Post a Comment