Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Crashed Air France Liner

Ok, I just have to write something on this. First of all, I've always believed that flying with Air France is a very very bad choice. This clearly proves it. But jokes aside, this is such a horrible tragedy. Of course, this is no way to go and having so many people die like this is always horrible. But, to me it's particularly horrible, because this is the very specific death I'm most afraid of. I cannot think of anything that scares me more than either crashing with a plane into the middle of some huge ocean, or being on a boat that sinks in the middle of some huge ocean. I really have a fear of being out in the open water, far away from land, and this is my nightmare come true. It scares me and it makes me scared to keep on flying. I know I know...statistics, numbers etc make flying a pretty safe business. But it just really scares me. This would be the worst way to die for me. I'd prefer just crashing on land, or never hitting the ocean, and just dying in the air...just don't let me drown in the ocean. I hope God reads my blog and honors this request.

I also hope that all the people affected by this tragedy can find peace, comfort and hope. So horrible.

9 comments:

Isa said...

Drowning is apparently a "nice" death because your body pumps endorphins into your body....

Just trying to calm you down. :)

Franziska Patterson said...

hmmm, how can we possibly know if it's a nice death. Those who've experienced this death can't really report back on how nice it was, can they?

I don't know if anything can calm my fears. My fear of drowning in the ocean (pools etc. don't have that kind of affect on me) is a real phobia, I think.
Thanks for trying though.

Marie M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quinn said...

It makes me really sad to read about this too. There is always a good page dedicated to it in the paper each day here. I hope they find the black box, it would give me some reassurance, I'm hoping, that this doesn't have to happen to an airplane that I am in - say in 3 weeks flying over the Atlantic to the US. I'm totally with you Franzi - it scares the pee out of me too. I have had nightmares about this too. The thought of going down in the ocean... well I am just not going to think about it because if I started, you might never get me in an airplane again, and that would be really sad for all my family in the US.

Henry said...

You could always take a boat.

Henry

Henry said...

I hope I die quickly when it's my time to go.

Henry

Dave said...

I'm curious as to why you think flying with Air France is a bad idea. Their safety record is quite impeccable. I think the best reason to avoid flying them is that crap-hole airport they're based out of, and the surly flight attendants.

Henry said...

Well, I dislike Air France, not for safety reasons, but (as you mentioned) their horrible airport in Paris, them always being late so you miss your connections and always losing luggage. Other than that they aren't too bad, I guess.

Fran