Sunday, May 17, 2009

Why eat out?

Yesterday evening, Henry and I had plans to go out for dinner. When I came back from wedding I was helping at, we tried to figure out where to go. After deliberating for a while and trying to find a place with great salads, I ended up making my own. Here's my garlic-parmesan rubbed chicken breast over an arugula salad with avocado, grape tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese and pine nuts.


Why go out, when you can have an awesome salad for cheap in just 15 minutes.

6 comments:

KroekieMonsters said...

That's what we keep asking ourselves, why spend money eating out when you make food you like better cheaper? Maybe this is more of a German problem (since they make such good food) than an American one though...

Henry said...

I wish I could have tried that tasty salad. Fran is an amazing cook and all the diet stuff she has been cooking makes me wish I were on the same diet. (Except I love my sugar)

Henry

Isa said...

... because you don't have to clean up afterward...

... because you don't have to prepare it yourself... time is money, too.

But yes, I agree. The most tasty dishes are actually made at home... with love. ;)

Franziska Patterson said...

Oh, but I don't have to clean up after myself. Henry is in charge of the dishes - always. ;)

Marie M. said...

Same here. Except I don't make pizzas and Teanu will always love the greasy cheap pizzas out there.
But otherwise, I'd rather spend my money on whole food stores grocery shopping. It makes multiple good meals!

Romi said...

We had the exact same experience last Friday night!! (Well, in regards to trying to figure out where to go eat and finally making ourselves a fantastice, tasty, salad for cheap!)