Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thankful

So, I will change things up with this post and drop the moaning and moping about sleep issues and food issues. Sophia slept like an angel last night, and I actually woke her up this morning. Good times. But what I really thought is how much reason there is to be happy and thankful. It's nice to get all your comments on the problems of life. I think there is a lot of value and comfort in taking interest and in sharing with other peoples struggles (and successes). Isn't life all about human interaction? It's also so nice to think that while sleepless nights are no fun, it's so wonderful that I can have a healthy little daughter to keep me up. Some people wish for kids and can't have them, and others have kids and lose them. What a blessing each moment really is.

But, what I really wanted to write about was something I remembered this morning and that made me chuckle again. A few weeks ago, while Henry and I were sitting in bed at night, talking about...I don't know stuff that needed to get done or something, Henry asks me 'well, what would you like me to do?'. On a whim I said I'd like him to stand on his head and whistle the national anthem. Before I knew it, Henry had hopped out of bed, was standing on his head, and whistling the national anthem. I had to laugh so hard I started snorting (something Henry has tried for years to get me to do based on something he did). I love how funny and spontaneous it was. And this morning I thought, life can be so much fun - I might as well enjoy it. :) So, here is to a good day. Carpe Diem folks!

P.S. Henry is great at enjoying things. Here's a picture of him watching and 'playing' with Sophia while I cooked dinner last night. Do you see a pattern yet?

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Haha, glad to see Henry's got that pattern down! Sophia looks so cute with that thumb in her mouth, glad she slept awesome last night!!!!!She really is one darling little girl. Logan and I were @ a store last night and thought we'd stop by the baby section to pick out an outfit for Jr. And hello, there was ONE rack of boy clothes. ONE. And the cutest little dresses, hosiery, shoes for girls. I sort of wished I was having twins - one of each. And then I snapped out of it. So I'll just come over and play dress up with Sophia k? K. ;)

Henry said...

Even I enjoy picking out cute clothes for Sophia to wear. I understand.

Henry

Marie M. said...

Fran, lucky woman...

Maren said...

Gratitude is such a beautiful gift we've been given. Of course, it's so much easier when you are not exhausted to know that. :)