Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Today

  • Sophia turned 7 months
  • She has her first tooth come in (it already broke through)
  • She's not sleeping as well at night anymore (wakes up about 5 hours after I feed her) - a result of teething?
  • She doesn't nurse as well right now either - also a result of teething?
  • She doesn't really care about her food too much - also a result of teething?
  • She is definitely a lot grumpier than usually - most likely a result of teething
  • Mom doesn't really know how to help her except for the usual (cold stuff, teething toys, medication, love...)
  • But what to do about the food? I'm worried she's not getting the fluids she needs. Silly baby. When will you be a good eater?
  • But, it's not raining yet today, and right now Sophia is napping. I think I'll take a nap, too.

3 comments:

Isa said...

Happy 7th month-versary, Sophia!

Danielle Stewart said...

Hey Fran! This is Danielle Stewart from the FLRC, or whatever it's called, and from Henry's BYU ward. I love reading your blog! I think I found it from Misty's? Just thought I'd comment, we just went through the same things with solids and our 11 month old. I really liked skimming throuh these articles from La Leche League if you haven't read them already. http://www.llli.org/NB/NBsolids.html
Olivia, my 2 year old, gobbled up anything we gave her, but Andrew still prefers to nurse above anything else. We started solids at 6 mo with him and when he wasn't interested, I'd give him a break for a week or two, then try again. One of the articles said that sometimes slow to start solids babies do well with avocados, sweet potatoes, and bananas. We tried all and everything with Andrew, but at 8 1/2 mos we finally found the magic with avocados and bananas smashed together. He ate just that for a few weeks and we slowly added other things until now he'll eat just about anything. Although when he's sick or teething, he goes right back to rejecting solids, and boosting my milk supply again, and night waking again, etc. One advantage is that by the time he was eating solids well, he was old enough for finger foods. He gets most of his "solids" calories from finger foods so we save money and/or effort on buying and making baby food. Anyway, maybe one of these articles will fit Sophia. I liked the New Beginnings articles from the middle section best. Good luck!

Franziska Patterson said...

Hey Danielle. Henry just said "it's not like we forgot who you were!". Exactly!!! Silly. Welcomewelcome though. Feel free to comment any time. Thanks for the tips by the way. I've tried banana and avocados, too. But, Sophia won't eat avocado, and bananas only sometimes. She did like sweet potatoes initially but stopped eating them when we tried pears. Maybe I should try mixing avocados and bananas. Right now, I'm trying to see if she'll eat anything (sweet potatoes) if I mix pears into it. Not much luck so far. :(