Thursday, April 16, 2009

Henry's Birthday

Henry's 30th b-day was right on Easter Sunday, making it an extra special day...and extra crazy for me. I had a somewhat clumsy day, starting the day off by having a little fire in the kitchen while trying to make Henry's traditional birthday breakfast (waffles with warm strawberries and whipping cream). Well, I also tried to make a raspberry sauce with frozen raspberries. I was waiting and waiting for them to get warm and thought it was a little odd that they just weren't unfreezing yet. By the time I noticed that I had turned on the wrong top, my plastic container with sugar had already a huge hole melted into it and was pouring into the heating coil and lighting up in flames. Nice! So, instead of eating and feeling special Henry helped me put out the fire and clean up the mess. At least it smelled sweet. Later on I was slaving away making my version of my mom's traditional Ostertorte (Easter Tarte), and lots of Lasagne. I also hid some eggs, because we had friends come over for an Easter Eggs Hunt, which we really enjoyed. I was pretty exhausted by the end of the day, and so were Henry and Sophia. So, this is how we spent Easter evening:











Here are also some pictures of Sophia's new toy. She really, REALLY loves hacking away on our keyboard. We were kind of joking around and saying we better get her her own keyboard or computer. Then I had an epiphany...We just had two laptops die on us last fall, which were still laying around in our closet. So, we figured we'll let her have one of them as a toy, since we were going to throw them away anyway. So, here are some pictures of Sophia checking out her new laptop.




2 comments:

Henry said...

I didn't know you took those pictures of us sleeping. So much for getting up early for choir that I didn't actually get to sing with.

henry

I like the pictures of Sophia with her new toy.

Isa said...

Happy Birthday Henry!! And happy new toy day to Sophia! We got Fé an old keyboard when she was about Sophia's age, she loved loved loved it for about 2 weeks, after which she figured out that nothing ever happened when she pressed they keys. Since then she's been back at the real computer... But oh well, it was a good 2 weeks! :)