Friday, March 20, 2009

Don`t fly Continental....

Maybe I should say do not fly through Newark with only an hour lay over. I have had no sleep since 6:00 am on Thursday. After a two hour delay and a 2 hour (should have been 1 hour) flight to Newark, I ran to catch an unscheduled back up flight to Dublin, since I missed my Frankfurt connection. I got there with 5 minutes to spare, crappy help from Continental, but I still got on the flight. Got to Frankfurt only 5 hours late. But my luggage, of course, still in transit. Now in Switzerland visiting Fran's sister Meike. Cannot wait to sleep.

Henry

4 comments:

Maren said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you had such a bad flight. That sounds like every flight Ken had with American Airlines.:) We try to fly Contential exclusively because their flights are almost always early or at least on time, and the cs is so great so I'm shocked you had a bad experience. You should write them a nice note and let them know you are displeased. They are the kind of company who'd want to know that kind of thing.

Maren

Dave said...

Continental is a great airline, except for five major things:

1) Newark
2) Dealing with missed connections
3) Newark
4) Newark
5) Newark

There are airports I avoid like the plague, and Newark is in the top three.

Henry said...

Newark and Chicago are both on my blacklist now.

Henry

Isa said...

well, I hope you are united with Fran now? I suggest flying Lufthansa. The one and only!