Henry finally made it to Germany on late Friday afternoon (with some delays, flying over Ireland and not getting his luggage till Saturday night), and we immediately took of to Switzerland to see my sister Meike. We enjoyed being out there, seeing the beautiful scenery, and trying all the good food (like cheese fondue and tons of chocolate). It was fabulous to be surrounded by the Alps wherever we seemed to turn. On Monday, we took off to return to Germany, driving to my brother's house. On the way, we stopped to see the famous Neu Schwanstein castle right on the German/Austrian border. Once again we enjoyed incredible views, and driving fast on the Autobahn. So fun. Now we are enjoying seeing more family and relaxing. Sophia is happy to have both her parents with her again, I think. She has been laughing out loud so much and just seems to thoroughly enjoy life. Or, maybe she is just loving the attention her two nieces give her. They just want to hold her and play with her all day long. Which baby wouldn't love that? Anyway,I have tried to take some cool pictures of our trip and the scenery, but they aren't the best, so just enjoy them and imagine that everything looks better than in the pictures.
P.S. I just noticed that I cannot adjust the picture size on this computer, so I will only post a few random pictures now. So, check back later to see all of travel pics.
P.P.S. Do not be deceived and think that the chocolate picture is anything like BYU fudge or something. It most definitely is NOT. These are thin layers of freshly made chocolate in any variation (white, milk, dark etc.) with anything added to it you could think of. We had some dark chocolate with pistaccios and hazelnuts I think, and also some white chocolate with rasberries. Delicious.
I'm glad to see that you're enjoying your trip back home and that you have the time to see so many of your siblings. I'm sure that Sophia is being absolutely adored...and she's probably taking it all in. I'm sorry to hear that she got the flu...and that you were having a rough day at the same time (I've had those days, too...you're not a bad mom...just a human one). It sounds like she's okay now. Keep having fun! I'm glad you're all together now!
A gal from Germany, a guy from California, another BYU love story, 1 bunny named Killer, 2 little girls, 3 degrees, 4 bikes, books in every corner, drawings on the wall, music and dancing, vegetable garden on the balcony, chocolate and prosciutto, pitched tents in the living rooms, cloth diapers in the bathroom, laundry piles in the bedroom, unvaccumed stair way, unironed clothes, lots of hugs, a bunch of tears, some heart ache, some fights, some disappointments, much joy, lots of traveling, nightmares and night cuddles, trips to the ER - swearing included, diarrhea disasters in public bathrooms, marathons, bike rides, prayers, faith, hope and hopefully some charity. Happiness.
5 comments:
Deutsche Schokolade... will auch!
i just left germany today. now im in prague, i wish i could have seen you guys or had planned...enjoy your trip
Aw, I'm so jealous of all this traveling and all the "beautiful scenery" and the chocolate and fondue of course.
Me too!! I'm so jealous!! I wanna go there!! I wanna eat good German chocolate!! :)
I'm glad to see that you're enjoying your trip back home and that you have the time to see so many of your siblings. I'm sure that Sophia is being absolutely adored...and she's probably taking it all in.
I'm sorry to hear that she got the flu...and that you were having a rough day at the same time (I've had those days, too...you're not a bad mom...just a human one). It sounds like she's okay now.
Keep having fun! I'm glad you're all together now!
Post a Comment