Monday, February 2, 2009

Nervous Tick?

So, we're probably already causing the first traumatic experiences for our daughter. The other day, when I was playing with Sophia by holding this green dice/die?? up by her hands, I noticed something interesting. Each time she brought up her hands to grasp the die, if I pulled it up suddenly, her hands would fly back to the ground. I thought it was so fascinating to observe that I had to repeat it a million times. Then, of course, I had to show Henry in the evening, and we wanted to catch it on camera. Poor Sophia is probably already developing some sort of neurosis related to little green fuzzy dice, because we've pulled that thing away from her so many times when she tried to grab it. But, I thought it was funny and interesting nonetheless, so enjoy the video.

P.S. I think she started to get suspicious and weary in the video, so her arms didn't fly as much, but you still get the idea.

P.P.S. Sophia just rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time (once again, while I wasn't watching). She already got the rolling from tummy to back down, but now she also rolled the other way. Cool. Sitting up is next. She's growing up so fast!


2 comments:

Marie M. said...

This reflex (has a name and I forget it) will go away. If she feels that she's falling, her arms will do the same thing. It is a bad sign wen babies don't have this reflex. So she's actually a healthy girl!

Henry said...

oh yeah, I've heard of that one...isn't it called the moro reflex? Or maybe that's something else. That's probably it. I figured it's likely some reflex, but since she was laying down, and only did it if I suddenly pulled away the toy, I thought it was pretty interesting. By now she probably doesn't want to grab anything anymore, since it's an "impossible" task. Poor girl!

Fran