
Today's lesson: Beware of old women. Today I talked to my sister who told me this story. She was walking to church with her husband. While walking down the street an old lady was coming towards them, and when they passed each other, she hit my sister, who's 5 months pregnant, in the stomach with her purse. My sister was too shocked to even react, and just wondered what kind of crazy person hits a pregnant woman in the belly for no good reason? My answer: a mean old woman. I told her that I once got smacked in the back with a walking cane by some old woman I passed on the bike. I was equally startled and shocked - not to mention in pain like my sister. And when I was in Greece, I realized that some of the most dangerous creatures to encounter at times were those old, short ladies all dressed in black. They may have looked short and weak, but they were not afraid to shove anyone out of their way when trying to get onto a bus, and they could also haul around a few hundred pounds in groceries one-handed. All I can say is beware of old women.
6 comments:
ShopKo used to have a Senior Day once a month, where senior citizens would get 10% off their purchase. I remember watching an old guy accidentally bump his cart into some old woman's cart, and the lady gave him one of the worst tongue lashings I've heard in my life.
I also remember the very first time I heard a woman say ... a very derogatory word that I won't repeat ... but she was in her 70s too. I still kind of laugh about it to this day, just because it was so shocking and unexpected.
Fran, I don't think I have laughed as hard as I did looking at that picture of that old woman throwing the bird. i think i might have to post that pic on my blog. although you have more people reading yours. i think it would add some spunk!
Very true. i've had a few of those disturbing encounters in our grocery store here. There are some old mean ladies who can't help but tell me how come I have two toddlers in a cart and how they never did that, and what kind of mother am I...blablabla. I want to reply "you're so mean nobody will show up for your funeral", but maybe it's part of being senile, so i let them hiss like snakes. I hope I turn into a loving old lady
Marie,
I laughed really hard thinking of you saying that to one of those ladies.
I guess we'll all understand being old once we get there.
Henry
Some day we'll be mean old ladies- hopefully without the mean part! That is weird... nothing like that has happened to me before... nice pic!
That is so crazy! You should move to California. I've never had anything close to that happen. Probably because all of our old people are toking up.
Post a Comment