Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sophia Larissa Patterson

We are so blessed and so proud!

Sept. 29, 2008 at 5:06 p.m. our little baby Sophia was born. Fran did a fantastic job and Sophia had to fight some thick meconium (spelling?) for a while but both are healthy and happy. She weighed 9 lbs 0 oz at birth and went home at 8 lbs 8.75 oz. I think she is still 21 inches long.

Someone told us she's in the 95th percentile. Our little over achiever. We're so proud.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures for all of you:
These I took while I was praying for her to get the meconium out and start breathing better. Daddy daughter time for about 1 1/2 hours:
















She was looking at me and I put my face almost right next to hers:

















Just some beautiful pictures of Sophia:


















And the proud, tired parents:


















One more:

12 comments:

Deanna said...

Hooray - I'm so glad she's here! What a beautiful little girl. I wish you all the best!!

Ethan said...

She's adorable you guys! Those pictures of you holding her are sweet. Relish in the moment.

Meike said...

Ahhh.. she is adorable! Congratulations. I am happy that everything went well. I think she looks a lot like you Henry. But the weight shows that she definitely has also Schulze genes in her :)
Ohhh... I can't wait to meet her!!!

Quinn said...

Yay, fotos!!! Congratulations. I am so glad to see fotos and hear that she's healthy and it looks like you're doing well Franzi. Have fun with your mom. Love, Quinn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Fran and Henry! I love her name! Our Olivia was born on September 29th 2 years ago so we were celebrating too. She is a beautiful baby!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! She's just too cute. Yay for Sophia Larissa! Hey...just think...if you took out the "iss" her middle name would be even cooler. ;-)

Congrats to you both!

Angie said...

Congrats! She's beautiful! It's going to be fun when our girls get together...and we can watch them grow up together!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fanzi/Hannry,

since i never catch you on Skype,.... i`ll send you my warm congratulations for your little Girl.... by the way DAD will bing you his old notebook and i'll make it internet ready, and put on everything you need=)!

Love Martin

emilie said...

Congratulations! What an awesome baby! We are so happy and excited for you two. What a change this must be. We so wish you guys lived out here or us out there. We miss you guys a ton!!!

Love to you both and a special kiss to our new little friend!

Emilie and Scott.

Serenity Rachel said...

So cute! I can't wait for mine to come. We can set them up in about 16 years! You hadn't updated your blog for awhile so I assumed the baby had come and was hoping everything was OK. Congratulations!

Catherine said...

Congratulations ! She is so cute !!Enjoy being parents !
Catherine.

Romi said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!! She's darling!