Oh, here are also some of the things Sophia and I got to experience together:
- On Tuesday I took Sophia to enrichment, battled to breast feed her discretly, and then later on had my milk leak through my shirt without me noticing until it was too late. Thank goodness it was Relief Society!
- On Wednesday we went to our book club together, except it was more like a baby club. It was me and my 3 friends from the ward, who all had a baby in the last few weeks...I was glad this time that I didn't have to nurse my little one
- On Thursday Sophia got a frenotomy, meaning she got her frenulum clipped because she's tongue tied. Our pediatrician said she was just a little tongue tied, but I felt she was struggling a little with her tongue and got a referral to the ENT. I'm glad I did. When we went, the ENT said that her tongue tie was actually pretty significant, and so she got clipped. Sophia did great, and hardly made a sound, but I was in tears! My poor baby.
- On Friday, we went downtown to hear Barack Obama speak. It was an interesting experience, and fun to be there. We also liked what he said, and Sophia was being really cooperative, especially with me having to nurse her and not having a good place to do so.
- On Friday night, we also went to a BBQ at one of Henry's professor's house. It was nice to meet some of Henry's graduate student buddies, as well as his professors. Once again, Sophia was a trooper.
- Today we tried to take it easy. Sophia slept almost all day. We did go to a birthday party tonight, and she was again great.
- We have one more party to go to tomorrow, and then I think I'll take a break.
We love you Sophia!
Well, here are more pictures.
P.S. In the last picture Sophia is actually awake, and playing with her neighbor Avery. Avery was born 19 days before Sophia, and her parents and us are good friends. Hopefully those two will be friends as well.
5 comments:
Nice job with the update Franny. I love that Sophia is starting to smile a little, first one side of her mouth then the other. Only problem, she only seems to smile at Franzi.
Henry
I'm glad to hear that she's doing better than the last post. You guys sure have been busy...but most of your pictures are sleepy pics! Sophia is a cutie!!
Yay - she's so cute! Thanks for posting more photos and stories of her. That's great you're taking her out already. I remember being so tired with Max and never wanted to go anywhere.
Fran,
I'm assuming you know but just in case you don't, they make disposable nursing pads that are awesome. I might have a box around here somewhere but it would probably cost more to ship than it's worth.
Thanks for the cool pics and notes. Yay Sophia!
You've had lots of great activities already with her! I'm happy to read things are rollin' Take care!
Post a Comment