Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sleep Deprived...

Ok, I take it back. Sophia is not the perfect baby. She's probably the cutest, smartest, cuddliest, etc. baby with an awesome gene-pool, but the last week has been pretty miserable. Ever since I got sick, Sophia also decided to be wide awake at nights. So, now she usually gets really fussy late at night or the middle of the night, won't go back to sleep for hours after she ate, and since she doesn't have anything to do when she's awake, she'll cry - a lot. It's been kinda tough, and Henry and I have both gotten pretty frustrated a few times, when it's in the middle of the night and you can't get her to sleep and she isn't wet or hungry, but tired, but won't sleep and she cries and arghhhhh...will Sophia have siblings??? Who knows. Hahahaha...easier to laugh now the night is over. Hopefully she'll get over this soon, and figure out the whole night/day thing!!!!! It's so hard to go without sleep!

5 comments:

Todd said...

Welcome to parenthood! It's one of the greatest things in the world, but sometimes it really sucks.

Have you seen the Happiest Baby on the Block DVD? It helped a lot with Lawson. http://www.amazon.com/Happiest-Baby-Block-Crying-Newborn/dp/0553381466

Anonymous said...

I second that Happiest Baby dvd- what a life saver! Good luck guys. I have pneumonia right now and our four month old suddenly decided that he needs to nurse every two hours at night (growth spurt, who knows?)- it's killing me! So I feel your pain. Hang in there.

Angie said...

Ohh...newborns are wonderful...but frustrating at the same time! Oh the emotional roller coaster. We'll pray for you! And if she's not sleeping at night, maybe you can get some sleep during the day while your mom takes care of Sophia. It's nice that she's still there. There you go...now you can BOTH have your days and nights mixed up.
(I know...that's not funny.)

Marie M. said...

Yes...this is the beginning of a sleep-deprived life. I often would cry when my babies cried, and get fussy when they would, and get sleepy when they would... this is an ongoing symbiosis. I guess we get a glimpse of how God works.

Kim said...

Good luck with the sleep. Sophia is beautiful. Hannah thinks she will have a baby named Sophia one day.