So, Henry, Sophia and I had a fun date night last night (NOT), hanging out at the ER. On Thursday afternoon I started feeling kinda sick. I had come down with a fever of 101.5 and felt real achy. I called my OB/Gyn who said to keep an eye on it over night, and we'll take it from there. Well, the night of course, was horrible. We had Henry's parents stay with us as well, so, our living room was "full" and my mom is currently occupying the "nursery", so when Sophia woke up at 1am and wouldn't go back to sleep for 2.5 hours there was nowhere to go except to stay in our bedroom. I was so sick I could barely feed her, so Henry got stuck with trying to call her down and get her to sleep. When she finally fell asleep, she woke up 2 hours later again, and...well, suffice it to say that Henry and I felt really exhausted and tired on Friday morning. I also still had a fever, and achiness, and kept changing between boiling and freezing so much that my teeth were shattering...it was such miserable day. Well, around 5pm, I felt real hot and thought I should check my temperature again. It read 103.7. I kept checking 4 more times, just to make sure, but got the same reading on two different thermometers each time. So, I called the OB/Gyn again, and she told me to go to the ER to get checked out since it was too high of a temperature for "nothing". Needless to say this wasn't very fun. Luckily the whole ordeal only took 4 hours, but about 2 hours into it, I was crying because I was tired, Sophia hadn't been eating well (or as usual) in the last 1-2 days, she hadn't pooped and peed as much as usual, Henry was with me, and again was missing out on time to get caught up with his school work, and now they were going to put me on an ER bed, with an IV access in my hand and I wasn't sure when and how I'd be able to feed my baby, and how long we'd be there etc. I was just a mess.
Well, it ended up that they couldn't find anything and that they gynecologist there thought that I was simply a little engorged which sometimes can give you a high fever. They did some X-rays, and a vaginal exam, blood samples, and urine samples and all...but nothing showed anything. So, they let us go at 9.30 pm. By then at least I was hungry again, and my fever seemed to be down, and things were getting better. We stopped at Wendy's, watched some Simpsons and crashed into bed at 11.30pm. Luckily, last night Sophia was a team player and didn't wake up until 3am, ate, went back to sleep, didn't wake up again till 6am, ate, went back to sleep and just up again at 9am. Thanks Sophia for letting mommy sleep tonight, and for letting Daddy getting a full night's rest.
P.S. I'll post more pictures in the next few days.
P.P.S. Sophia now weighs 9.lbs 13oz. She's getting real big!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's my baby! Almost 10 lbs. I'm glad we don't have dates like that too often. ER sucks. But it's nice to have it when you need it.
H
Yay for Sophia gaining weight and doing so good. Fran - I hope you're all better now. Being sick with a new baby is no fun. Hope you're able to get lots of sleep again.
I am so sorry. You should have kicked us out or come out and let Sophia cry. Henry warned us that might happen.
Anyway, that is why Hen didn't call back when we called to see how you were. I am glad you seem better. Keep strong.
Love ru
Fran, I can picture you feeling miserable... I'm glad it's over and that your mother is there to help. I was back to the hospital after each of my children. It took a me a while to accept my recovery would take months. Oh, and I still get up at least three times a night for my toddlers...:)
What a miserable night!! I hope you are feeling better! I'm glad Sophia is growing and doing well!
Post a Comment