Saturday, September 6, 2008

Who is reading my blog?????

Ok, so recently I've been surprised finding comments from people on my blog that I didn't know were reading it, or I heard people tell me, who've never left a comment that they read my blog. Little did I know that I just may have an audience. Do I have to start censoring my writing? Well, I wouldn't. Anyone who reads my blog is reading at their own risk. But, I'm curious - who IS reading my blog???? So, if you're not to chicken leave me a comment with your name if you read my blog. I'm just curious to find out who occasionally or consistently checks out what I have to say.

13 comments:

Henry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Henry said...

I read it even though I already know what's going on in your life.

Henry

Deanna said...

I read - but you already know that.

DL said...

ditto

Henry said...

I'm reading it again.

H

Gusti said...

I read it. Randomly. Sometimes your posts are so United States bashing that I can hardly stand it and I have to take a long break from reading your blog. Then I wonder how you are doing and decide to check back in on you.

Sarah said...

I read too. :)

Franziska Patterson said...

Ahhh, yeah, when I get frustrated with this lovely nation, it's not for the faint hearted to read how I feel. However, I just looked through my blogs and I think I only had a very few (less than 5 I'd say) that criticized this nation. You must have had the luck of always checking on the wrong days.

I think this blog will remain tricky for some to read because I have no intentions of not sharing my true feelings just to spare others. So, continued caution may be wise. However, I also have to say what may seem like bashing you'll find almost anywhere with anyone who has to abandon "home" and join a new culture. At least I've heard enough that can be construed as bashing both from Americans living abroad as well as Europeans. It's a very unique challenge to live in a nation that's not your own. I don't think people will ever truly understand how hard that can be unless they've been in that boat.

Anyway, I hope you keep visiting Gusti! My bad blogs usually come with a warning. :)

Henry said...

I bet the warning just entices readers to read on.

Meike said...

ich lese Deinen blog. Aber das weisst Du ja auch schon. :)

Gusti said...

Ich liebe dich, Fran! That's why I always come back. I think I have a better understanding of your feelings than you might give me credit for. While I have not directly (myself) had to deal with the challenges of leaving my own culture, I have 12+ years of listening to a loved one deal with their challenges and emotions about it. My heart goes out to you, sincerely. I think tying two cultures together with the bonds of marriage takes very special people and more tolerance than most marriages. And I love to hear/read about how you guys work it out! But I must add that some of the topics that have been discussed over the years (between her and I)were not meant for a public blog atmosphere. I don't think it's a bad thing to consider the feelings of those you've invited to read your blog before you push the "publish" button.

Maren said...

I read, I think it's great you shared "the poem".

Maren

Sarah and Troy said...

I read it whenever I get the chance. Not that I don't see you and hear some of the stories anyway but this is fun too.