Come and join my Blog Book Club. I've decided I'll write a little blurb now and then about the books I've read recently, and throw out some thoughts/ideas/questions. It'd be fun if you joined in by leaving comments on the issues, or you can suggest a new book for me to read. If I read it, I'll write on it eventually.
So, the first book I'll comment on (mainly because I need to keep track of my ideas) will the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers. If you haven't read all 3 books yet, you may not want to read on. I wouldn't want to ruin anything for you. However, the books are good, even if you know what's coming.
I've been wondering what I'll be finding in the 4th book. The only bad thing out there, still threatening Bella are the Volturi. So, I'm sure they'll make an appearance. I'm sure Bella will become a vampire, after the wedding, as planned. But what about Jacob? Who likes him anyway? I kind of don't. It really bothered me how pushy he was with Bella. It bothered me even more that what it took for her to figure out that she loved Jacob, too was for him to violently and passionately kiss her for, what...half an hour? That doesn't prove anything. Only that her hormones obviously are very functional. But love is soooo much more. Urghhh...
Anyway, as I re-read Twilight the other day, I thought maybe Bella will die. Alice has seen her both become a vampire and has seen her die. Of course, in those books you're lead to assume that that had to do with other things, but maybe...she'll die in the last book. Maybe Jacob will kill her, to save her from being a vampire, or hurting someone she loves? What do you think about the possibility of her not liking blood at all when she becomes a vampire? Since she can't stand the smell of blood anyway, maybe that'll be her trait that'll strengthen when she becomes a vampire. Another thought I have is that Jacob will imprint on Leah, and all will live happily after. I just want Jacob to grow up and stop throwing a fit.
Ok, that's it for now. Share your insights...
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
(Sorry, I deleted my post some of it didn't quite make sense...but it's debatable whether I fixed that or not.) ;)
I so agree with you about not liking Jacob so much. And you know, I was so mad during the third book because I was almost positive that Stephanie would have Bella end up choosing Jacob over Edward, or Edward dying and her not having to choose and be only with Jacob, just to throw in an unexpected ending! I would have been furious at her...but maybe that's exactly what she wanted...to trick unsuspecting, gullible souls, like myself, into believing it would turn out that way, and so she really did have an unexpected ending by ending it exactly the way we would expect and therefor not expect. (It will be amazing if anybody can actually follow that train of thought all the way through.) :)
I found you thoughts on the 4th book intriguing. For some reason, since Edward is so morally opposed to the idea, I can't resolve the idea in my mind that she'd actually end up as a vampire. So your idea about her ending up dying seems a plausible ending in that regard. On the other hand, I can't quite imagine her *not* becoming a vampire and being with Edward 'forever' either, so I really found your thoughts on her blood revulsion provoking. I've racked my brains on what could be her accentuated power besides being immune in her mind to all the other mind powers, so thanks for that enlightening thought! That really could be the trait that is strengthened in her transformation.
P.S. I just want to tell you thanks for having an interesting, fun, and thought provoking blog. I appreciate that you post often, and that your posts are not hum-drum...I can usually count on you to have something for me to read, and something for me to think about. :) But then again, you've never really been hum-drum. ;)
Well, I'm pretty sure she'll become a vampire. I'd be disappointed if she didn't. It'd be cool if both her and Edward died, and realized there was a "life after vampire death" for both of them, and then a real 'forever' can begin. That'd be nice. I wonder if she'll have children somehow, because it was a concern in the 3rd book. The book can definitely go in many directions. Can't wait to read it.
Post a Comment